Full Name: VDBP ELISA Kit (Vitamin D Binding Protein)
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 2.334 ng/ml
Vitamin D binding protein (VDBP) belongs to the albuminoid superfamily of proteins. It is predominately produced in the liver and it can exist as many different polymorphic variants. It has a molecular weight of 52-59kDa and it is a serum α2-globulin. One of the main functions of VDBP is to transport vitamin-D metabolites, these are predominately present as bound proteins and only a small fraction is found to be circulating in serum as unbound or free steroids.
VDBP aids in the distribution of vitamin D to tissues and organs throughout the body where it is required for things like strong bones and teeth. Additional tasks of in the body include immune system regulation, blood pressure management, and nervous system development. Lack of vitamin D or VDBP can result in issues such as weak bones and deformities (rickets) or soft bones (osteomalacia). To keep healthy, acquire adequate vitamin D from food, sunshine, or supplementation.
Human VDBP ELISA kit is ideal for measuring levels of vitamin D binding protein (VDBP, vitamin D-binding alpha-globulin, group-specific component, DBP-MAF, hDBP, GRD3, Gc-MAF) present in human samples of serum, tissue homogenate and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-VDBP antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this VDBP ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 3.906, 7.813, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 2.344 ng/ml
Range: 3.906 – 250 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for VDBP, no cross reactivity or interference between VDBP and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 96%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (91 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- The association of serum vitamin D-binding protein and 25-hydroxyvitamin D in pre-operative and post-operative colorectal cancer. J Clin Lab Anal. (2020) 34 (5): e23154. Liang Y., et al.
- Alexithymia is associated with reduced vitamin D levels, but not polymorphisms of the vitamin-D binding-protein gene. Psychiatr Genet. (2021) 31 (4): 126-134. Terock J., et al.
- Association between vitamin D and endometriosis: a systematic review. Hormones (Athens). (2020) 19 (2): 109-121. Kalaitzopoulos D.R., et al.
- Cerebrospinal fluid vitamin D-binding protein as a new biomarker for the diagnosis of meningitis. Neurol Sci. (2019) 40 (8): 1597-1605. Lee D.H., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields