Full Name: PRKCE ELISA Kit (Protein Kinase C Epsilon)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 0.9375 ng/ml
Protein kinase C epsilon (PRKCE) is activated by phospholipid second messengers and Ca2+ ions. It plays a fundamental role in many different physiological processes for example; cell proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis. The main role is to phosphorylate many different types of substrate proteins this can include; ion channels, enzymes and cytoskeletal proteins. PRKCE are phosphorylated and dephosphorylated by the upstream kinase protein kinase C alpha (PRKCα). Inhibitors like botulin toxin, have been used for treatment of spasticity and dystonia (muscle and muscle spasm respectively).
PRKCE is involved in regulating insulin sensitivity and glucose metabolism present in the liver or skeletal muscles. A therapeutic target for type 2 diabetes therapy that is also overexpressed in numerous cancer types including breast, ovarian and prostate. Proteins of the PRKCE gene family are overexpressed in numerous cancer types including; breast, ovarian and prostate cancers.
Promoter methylation is a key mechanism of epigenetic silencing, the process by which sheathed, euchromatic chromatin becomes more transcriptionally silent. Promoter methylation mediates epigenetic silencing in response to external stimuli such as tumor suppressor gene loss, DNA replication or mitosis. The promoters of PRKCE are frequently methylated in multiple malignancies and both GLI1 and GLI2 promoter levels correlate with promoter methylation status. PRKCE has been shown to interact with BMP4.
Human PRKCE ELISA kit can be used to measure concentration of protein kinase C epsilon (PRKCE, nPKC-epsilon, PKCε) using human serum, plasma, biological fluids and tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-PRKCE antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this PRKCE ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 1.562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.9375 ng/ml
Range: 1.56 – 100 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for PRKCE, no cross reactivity or interference between PRKCE and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (94 – 106%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (82 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- PRKCE-gene encoding protein kinase C-epsilon-Dual roles at sarcomeres and mitochondria in cardiomyocytes. Gene. (2016) 590 (1): 90-6. Scruggs S.B., et al.
- Protein kinase C epsilon: an oncogene and emerging tumor biomarker. Mol Cancer. (2009) 8: 9. Gorin M.A. and Pan Q.
- miR-218-5p restores sensitivity to gemcitabine through PRKCE/MDR1 axis in gallbladder cancer. Cell Death Dis. (2017) 8 (5): e2770. Wang H., et al.
- Protein kinase C ε expression in platelets from patients with acute myocardial infarction. PLoS One. (2012) 7 (10): e46409. Carubbi C., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields