Full Name: Neopterin ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
Recent years have seen neopterin become more widely recognised as a diagnostic biomarker for immune system activation. Elevated levels are present in either CSF or plasma and it is widely regarded as a sensitive yet non-specific biological marker for many inflammatory and immune mediated disorders.
IFN-produced by T cells is the principal inducer of neopterin secretion from activated macrophages. This pteridine is an indicator of cardiovascular risk where the levels have also been linked to peripheral artery disease and carotid atherosclerosis, according to several clinical investigations. Neopterin a therapeutic target for treating certain inflammatory and autoimmune disorders. For example; drugs that inhibit the production have been proposed as a potential treatment for HIV/AIDS and other viral infections.
Human neopterin ELISA kit is ideal for analysing neopterin present in human serum, tissue homogenates, plasma and other biological samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-neopterin antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this neopterin ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
Range: 0.156 – 10 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for neopterin, no cross reactivity or interference between neopterin and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (97 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 97%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Serum_Neopterin: A Potential Marker for Screening Blood Donors. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. (2017) 27 (1): 30-33. Ashfaq A., et al.
- The antioxidants neopterin/7,8-dihydroneopterin: Novel biomarker and muscle protectant in Duchenne muscular dystrophy. J.Exp Physiol. (2018) 103 (7): 939-940. Houweling P.
- Salivary-neopterin and related pterins: their comparison to those in plasma and changes in individuals. J Biochem. (2021) 170 (4): 559-567. Ikemoto K., et al.
- A New Diagnostic and Prognostic Marker in Endometrial Cancer: Neopterin. Int J Gynecol Cancer. (2017) 27 (4): 754-758. Isci Bostanci E., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields