Human VE-cadherin ELISA kit is procedure intended for analysing in vitro quantitative amounts of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin, CDH5, CD144 or cadherin-5) in human biological fluids, serum, plasma and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
VE-Cadherin which is also called vascular endothelial cadherin, cadherin-5, CDH5, CD144 or type 2 is a gene that is located on the long arm of chromosome 16 and it plays a vital role in breast and prostate cancer (i.e. loss of heterozygosity events). VE-cadherin is a calcium-dependent cell–cell adhesion glycoprotein that is composed of a transmembrane region, five extracellular cadherin repeats and a cytoplasmic tail that is highly conserved.
It functions in allowing cells to adhere in a homophilic manner and this plays a major role in endothelial cell biology by controlling the process of organisation and cohesion within the intercellular junctions. The integrity of intercellular junctions play a crucial function in determining the permeability of the endothelium and it is thought that VE-cadherin-based adherens junction are particularly important in this process.
CDH5 also plays a pivotal function in vascular structure assembly, where it has been identified that the disruption of VE-cadherin can lead to endothelial cells failing to organize in a vessel-like pattern. This indicates that vascular endothelial cadherin serve a crucial purpose in maintaining newly formed vessels.
VE-CADHERIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CDH5 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human vascular endothelial cadherin.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled CDH5 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin, CDH5, cadherin-5) using current human VE-cadherin ELISA kit was 0.94 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10.0 ng/ml.
– Vascular Endothelial Cadherin (VE-Cadherin, CDH5): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH5, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH5 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- VE-cadherin and endothelial adherens junctions: active guardians of vascular integrity. Dev Cell. (2013) 26 (5): 441-54. Review. Giannotta M., et al.
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin and vascular stability. Curr Opin Hematol. (2012) 19 (3): 218-23. Review. Dejana E. and Giampietro C.
- Endothelial permeability and VE-cadherin: a wacky comradeship. Cell Adh Migr. (2013) 7 (6): 455-61. Review. Gavard J.
- Endothelial cadherins in cancer. Cell Tissue Res. (2014) 355 (3): 523-7. Review. Breier G., et al.
- Vascular endothelial (VE)-cadherin: only an intercellular glue? Exp Cell Res. (1999) 252 (1): 13-9. Review. Dejana E., et al.
- Full Name: VE-Cadherin (CDH5) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.94 ng/ml