Human H-cadherin ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative levels T- cadherin (CDH13 and H-cadherin) in human cell lysates, serum, plasma, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.051 ng/ml.
H-Cadherin which can also be known as T-cadherin or CDH13 is a GPI-anchored member of the cadherin superfamily and it also doesn’t possess a transmembrane or cytoplasmic domains but instead uses a GPI anchor in order to attach to the cell membrane. This means that it lacks a direct contact with the cytoskeleton and therefore doesn’t play any role in the cell-cell adhesion process.
There are growing support for its role as a low density lipoprotein hormone like effects it can have on calcium mobilisation or its functions in elevating cell migration and causing phenotype changes. The precise signalling partners or adaptor proteins for CDH13 are still unclear and its biological functions in normal or pathology conditions is largely still not known.
H-cadherins are highly expressed in a number of tissues which includes heart, brain cortex, spinal cord and spleen. Also, the loss of T-cadherin in tumor cells is found to be widely linked with malignancy, metastasis and invasiveness. Tumor progression has been identified in cutaneous squamous carcinoma, pancreatic cancer, non-small сеll lung carcinoma, colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer have all be correlated with Т-cadherin expression being down-regulated. In other tumors its expression has be known to promote tumor growth and metastasis (for example in osteosarcomas and lymph nodes.
H-CADHERIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CDH13 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 3.12, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human h-cadherin.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled CDH13 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CDH13 (T-cadherin, H-cadherin) using current human H-cadherin ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– H-Cadherin (CDH13): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH13, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH13 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 92%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Recent progress in T-cadherin (CDH13, H-cadherin) research. Histol Histopathol. (2001) 16 (4): 1287-93. Review. Takeuchi T. and Ohtsuki Y.
- Aberrant methylation of H-cadherin (CDH13) promoter is associated with tumor progression in primary nonsmall cell lung carcinoma. Cancer. (2005) 104 (9): 1825-33. Review. Kim J.S., et al.
- Cadherin 13 in cancer. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. (2010) 49 (9): 775-90. Review. Andreeva A.V. and Kutuzov M.A.
- The cadherin superfamily: diversity in form and function. J Cell Sci. (2001) 114 (Pt 4): 629-41. Review. Angst B.D., et al.
- A guide and guard: the many faces of T-cadherin. Cell Signal. (2009) 21 (7): 1035-44. Review. Philippova M., et al.
- Full Name: H-Cadherin (CDH13) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml