Human E-cadherin ELISA kit is designed to be used for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of E-cadherin (epithelial cadherin, cadherin-1, CDH1) in human serum, plasma, cell lysates, cell culture supernatant and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.52 ng/ml.
E-Cadherin (short for epithelial cadherin) is also known as cadherin-1 (CDH1) or even uvomorulin is one of the most established member of the cadherin family. It is a tumor suppressor gene which has been designated as cluster of differentiation 324 (CD324) and is made up of 5 cadherin repeats (EC1 to 5) present in the extracellular domain, an intracellular domain which as the ability to bind beta-catenin or p120-catenin and a transmembrane domain.
The loss of E-cadherin expression or function are found to implicate the progression or metastasis of certain cancers. Gene mutations have also been identified to contribute to developing diffusely growing gastric carcinomas. The down regulation can lead to decreasing the cellular adhesion strength within a tissue which can eventually result in increasing cell motility. This can allow cancer cells to invade the surrounding tissues by crossing the basement membrane.
Finally, its expression is considerably reduced or even absent in majority of lobular carcinomas. It is regarded as playing a central role in the process of epithelial morphogenesis and can act as a strong invasion suppressor.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CDH1 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of epithelial cadherin (CDH1, E-cadherin, cadherin-1, CDH-1) using current E-cadherin ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH1, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (97 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Gene of the month: E-cadherin (CDH1). J Clin Pathol. (2013) 66 (11): 928-32. Review. Gall T.M. and Frampton A.E.
- Cadherins: The Superfamily Critically Involved in Breast Cancer. Curr Pharm Des. (2016) 22 (5): 616-38. Review. Ashaie M.A. and Chowdhury E.H.
- E-cadherin and gastric cancer: cause, consequence, and applications. Biomed Res Int. (2014) 2014: 637308. Review. Liu X. and Chu K.M.
- Endothelial cadherins in cancer. Cell Tissue Res. (2014) 355 (3): 523-7. Review. Breier G., et al.
- Full Name: E-Cadherin ELISA Kit (Epithelial Cadherin)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields