Human P-Cadherin ELISA kit can be used for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of P-cadherin (placental cadherin, cadherin-3, CDH3) in human serum, tissue homogneates, biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 37.5 pg/ml.
P-Cadherin (also known as CDH3 or placental cadherin) has a major role in structural integrity conversation of epithelial tissues and it is a predominant calcium dependent glycoprotein which is essential for cell-cell adhesion. These are important for homophilic binding that can be vital in growth and development of cells through the many control mechanisms of tissue maintenance and architecture. The gene has been identified to interact with CDH1, beta-catenin, nephrin, catenin alpha-1 and plakoglobin. It shares around 67 % of homology with the E-cadherin protein where the majority of difference can be found in the extracellular portion.
P-Cadherin is responsible for regulating many cellular homeostatic processes which are vital for embryonic development and in maintaining the architecture of adult tissues which can be important for cell shape, cell differentiation, cell polarity, cell growth and migration. The expression can be regulated either by spatially or temporally and recent findings have indicated that CDH3 expression is crucial in maintaining architecture of normal breast epithelial cells. The loss or mutation of this protein has been found to induce many characteristic genetic syndromes such as hypotrichosis with juvenile macular dystrophy (HJMD), ectrodactyly and macular dystrophy (EEM syndrome) and ectodermal dysplasia.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti P-Cadherin antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of placental cadherin (cadherin-3, CDH3) using this P-Cadherin ELISA kit was 37.5 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH3, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH3 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 95%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 93%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Cadherins: The Superfamily Critically Involved in Breast Cancer. Curr Pharm Des. (2016) 22 (5): 616-38. Review. Ashaie M.A. and Chowdhury E.H.
- P-cadherin and the journey to cancer metastasis. Mol Cancer. (2015) 14: 178. Review. Vieira A.F. and Paredes J.
- Tuning the kinetics of cadherin adhesion. J Invest Dermatol. (2013) 133 (10): 2318-23. Review. Sivasankar S.
- Thinking outside the cell: how cadherins drive adhesion. Trends Cell Biol. (2012) 22 (6): 299-310. Review. Brasch J., et al.
- The role of P-cadherin in skin biology and skin pathology: lessons from the hair follicle. Cell Tissue Res. (2015) 360 (3): 761-71. Review. Samuelov L., et al.
- Full Name: P-Cadherin ELISA Kit (Placental Cadherin)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Serum
- Sensitivity: 37.5 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields