Human tissue transglutaminase Ab screen ELISA kit is intended for simultaneous in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgA and IgG auto-antibodies to tissue transglutaminase (tTG IgA/IgG, tissue transglutaminase antibody screen) in human plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
Tissue transglutaminase antibodies (tTG-IgA and tTG-IgG) can be very useful marker screening individuals with celiac disease. This is due to the fact that individuals with celiac disease eat a gluten diet which contains higher levels of particular antibodies within their blood. tTG (IgA and IgG) antibodies are produced since it views gluten as a treat, 98% of patients with celiac disease will display a positive test for tTG-IgA who are on a gluten-containing diet.
However, some coeliac disease individuals are unable to produce the coeliac disease antibodies (known as IgA deficiency), in this case it is recommended to perform the following tests IgG deamidated gliadin peptide (DGP), immunoglobulin G (IgG) EMA and IgG-tTG. There is also a slight risk of obtaining a false positive test result, if people have other associated autoimmune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis, autoimmune liver disease, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, type 1 diabetes, heart failure but who do not have celiac disease.
TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE AB SCREEN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, recombinant tTG antibody bound to microwells.
- Calibrators (A-F): Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up of human anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies.
- Controls Positive and Control Negative: Containing human tissue transglutaminase.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG and IgA antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x Concentrated).
- Instruction Manual.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of tTG IgA/IgG class auto-antibodies (tissue transglutaminase antibody screen) using current tissue transglutaminase IgA/IgG screen ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 5.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Celiac disease can be predicted by high levels of anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in population-based screening. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. (2015) 60 (6): 787-91. Webb C., et al.
- Evaluating diagnostic accuracy of anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA antibodies as first screening for Celiac Disease in very young children. Clin Chim Acta. (2015) 446: 237-40. Frulio G., et al.
- Development of a mechanism-based assay for tissue transglutaminase–results of a high-throughput screen and discovery of inhibitors. Anal Biochem. (2005) 338 (2): 237-44. Case A., et al.
- Tissue transglutaminase-serology markers for coeliac disease. Clin Chem Lab Med. (2002) 40 (5): 485-92. Kocna P., et al.
- Tissue transglutaminase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay as a screening test for celiac disease in pediatric patients. Pediatrics. (2001) 107 (1): E8. Chan A.W., et al.
- Full Name: Tissue Transglutaminase Ab Screen ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml