Full Name: Tissue Transglutaminase Ab Screen ELISA Kit (tTG IgA/IgG)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 1.0 U/ml
Structurally, tissue transglutaminase (tTG) consists of four domains: an N-terminal β-sandwich domain, a catalytic core domain, and two C-terminal β-barrel domains. The active site contains a conserved cysteine residue required for transamidation activity. Binding of calcium ions induces conformational changes that activate tTG.
One key function of tTG is crosslinking gluten peptides in celiac disease. In the intestine, tTG deamidates gluten peptides, allowing their presentation by HLA-DQ2/8 and activation of gluten-reactive T cells which drive inflammation in celiac disease. Tissue transglutaminase autoantibodies are used clinically to diagnose celiac disease.
Excessive crosslinking by tTG can contribute to extracellular matrix deposition in fibrotic disorders. Dysregulated tTG activity may also impact T cell function in autoimmune diseases.
Human tissue transglutaminase Ab screen ELISA kit is intended for simultaneous in-vitro quantitative analysis of IgA and IgG auto-antibodies to tissue transglutaminase (tTG IgA/IgG, tissue transglutaminase antibody screen) in human plasma and serum samples. This assay has a minimum analytical sensitivity limit of 1.0 U/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Divisible Microplate: Consisting of 12 modules of 8 wells, recombinant tTG antibody bound to microwells.
- Calibrators (A-F): Concentration 0-200 U/ml, made up of human anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies.
- Controls Positive and Control Negative: Containing human tissue transglutaminase.
- Sample Buffer (5x).
- Enzyme Conjugate: Contains anti-human IgG and IgA antibodies, HRP labelled.
- TMB Substrate.
- Stop Solution: Contains acid.
- Wash Buffer (50x Concentrated).
- Instruction Manual.
- Certificate of Analysis.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human tTG IgA/IgG class auto-antibodies (tissue transglutaminase antibody screen) using current tissue transglutaminase IgA/IgG screen ELISA kit was 1.0 U/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 5.0 – 200.0 U/ml.
- Celiac disease can be predicted by high levels of anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in population-based screening. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. (2015) 60 (6): 787-91. Webb C., et al.
- Evaluating diagnostic accuracy of anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA antibodies as first screening for Celiac Disease in very young children. Clin Chim Acta. (2015) 446: 237-40. Frulio G., et al.
- Development of a mechanism-based assay for tissue transglutaminase–results of a high-throughput screen and discovery of inhibitors. Anal Biochem. (2005) 338 (2): 237-44. Case A., et al.
- Tissue transglutaminase-serology markers for coeliac disease. Clin Chem Lab Med. (2002) 40 (5): 485-92. Kocna P., et al.
- Tissue transglutaminase enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay as a screening test for celiac disease in pediatric patients. Pediatrics. (2001) 107 (1): E8. Chan A.W., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields