Full Name: Rat IL-10 ELISA Kit (Interleukin 10)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Interleukin 10 (IL-10) is an incredibly beneficial molecule as it helps to reduce inflammation and its associated damages. However, it’s production is impaired and reduced in cases of chronic inflammation. Both obesity and aging are associated with chronic inflammation – these are two blockbuster conditions that could benefit greatly from an increased level of IL-10 as they often result in a higher prevalence of other inflammatory markers. It is predominantly expressed in the lungs, kidneys, spleen and thymus, providing evidence of its vital involvement in immune response regulation.
Mechanisms involving IL-10, IL-10RA and IL-10RB binding together result in the activation of JAK1 and STAT2, leading to the phosphorylation of STAT3. This then allows STAT3 to enter into the nucleus and activate anti-inflammatory molecules production. Research has found that IL-10RA and IL-10RB have a stronger connection to each other than the binding between IL10RA and JAK1. This allows for a more stable interaction with STAT3, leading to increased anti-inflammatory responses. In contrast, IL-10R1 has not been found to be able to bind with either molecule. A similar mechanism links IL-10RA to STAT1, but instead of phosphorylation, it results in the direct binding and activation.
Rat IL-10 ELISA kit can be used for detecting amounts of interleukin 10 (IL-10, IL-10A, CSIF, TGIF) present in rat serum, plasma, biological fluids and tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with IL-10
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The following rat IL-10 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Range: 31.25 – 2000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-10, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-10 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 97%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (93 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (93 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 105%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Rat interleukin-10: production and characterisation of biologically active protein in a recombinant bacterial expression system. Eur Cytokine Netw. (2001) 12 (1): 187-93. Ball C., et al.
- Endogenous regulation of the acute inflammatory response. Mol Cell Biochem. (2002) 234-235 (1-2): 225-8. Ward P.A. and Lentsch A.B.
- Glutamate potentiates lipopolysaccharide-stimulated interleukin-10 release from neonatal rat spinal cord astrocytes. (2012) 207: 12-24. Werry E.L., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields