Full Name: Protein S100-B ELISA Kit
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Protein S100B is found to be expressed widely in Schwann cells, astrocytes, myeloid derived cells and certain neural populations. It is released into the extracellular space, where it can exert either autocrine or paracrine effects on the glia and the neurons using many different types of receptors. It is an inducible protein that regulates the proliferation of Schwann cells. It can stimulate both cell survival and migration in response to neuronal injury. This suggests it may play a neuroprotective role.
In human, it is found that elevated levels of S100B are present during trauma, neurodegenerative and ischemia, psychiatric and inflammatory diseases. It is not only associated with the brain but also found to be increased following liver, gastrointestinal and renal injuries. Also, during in melanoma patients, protein S100B is a useful prognostic biomarker, where presence of high levels of SB100B can indicate a poor prognosis.
Human protein S100-B ELISA kit can be used for measuring levels of protein S100-B (S100B, S100-B, S100 calcium-binding protein, S100beta) using human samples of serum, tissue homogenate, plasma and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-S100B antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this protein S100-B ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Range: 31.25 – 2000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for S100B, no cross reactivity or interference between S100B and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (90 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (90 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (92 – 97%).
– Linearity: Serum (90 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 92%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Serum levels of proteinS100B predict intracranial lesions in mild head injury. Clin Biochem. (2012) 45 (6): 408-11. Cervellin G., et al.
- S100-B in blood: a marker of brain damage or simply a covariate? Scand Cardiovasc J. 2000 Dec;34(6):548-9. Johnsson P.
- Cerebrospinal s100-B: a potential marker for progressive intracranial hemorrhage in patients with severe traumatic brain injury. Eur J Med Res. (2008) 13 (11): 511-6. Kirchhoff C., et al.
- Role of serum S100B and PET-CT in follow-up of patients with cutaneous melanoma. BMC Cancer. (2011) 11: 328. Peric B., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields