Full Name: CD59 ELISA Kit (Glycoprotein CD59)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Serum
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
CD59 can be described a glycoprotein that is single chained, it is one of the main cell surface inhibitors of the complement membrane attack complex. The gene can be found to be located at position 11pl3 on chromosome 11. The gene can span more than 20kb of DNA and it is composed of four exons. CD59 is expressed in many cells and tissues, these can include; circulating blood cells, cardiomyocytes, epithelial and endothelial cells, early development fetal tissues, fetal membrane amnion, spermatozoa and trophoblast.
The expression of CD59 can be upregulated by many stimulants such as various cytokines, calcium ionophore and phorbol myris-tate acetate. There is also evidence to indicate that majority of the upregulation is at the transcriptional level and in some cells, there is a presence of a pool of this protein that can be quickly mobilised. Deficiency in CD59 is found to manifest into chronic hemolytic anemia and recurrent stroke. It has been suggested that this protein offers protection from intravascular complement mediated lysis by abrogating the downstream signalling, which leads to complement activation.
Human CD59 ELISA kit is intended for analysing concentrations of CD59 glycoprotein (CD59, HRF20, MACIF, MIC11, Protectin, CD59 antigen, lymphocytic antigen, MAC inhibition factor) using human plasma, biological fluids, serum and tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-CD59 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this CD59 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
Range: 31.25 – 2000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CD59, no cross reactivity or interference between CD59 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 97%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 100%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 95%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Cre-inducible human CD59 mediates rapid cell ablation after intermedilysin administration. J Clin Invest. (2016) 126 (6): 2321-33. Feng D., et al.
- Serum CD59: a novel biomarker of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis? Panminerva Med. (2021) 63 (2): 201-205. Cameli P., et al.
- Inhibition of human lung adenocarcinoma growth and metastasis by JC polyomavirus-like particles packaged with an SP-B promoter-driven CD59-specific shRNA. Clin Sci (Lond). (2019) 133 (21): 2159-2169. Lin M.C., et al.
- Shiga toxin 2 reduces complement inhibitor_CD59 expression on human renal tubular epithelial and glomerular endothelial cells. Infect Immun. (2013) 81 (8): 2678-85. Ehrlenbach S., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields