Full Name: Canine Prolactin ELISA Kit (PRL)
Sample Type: Serum
Sensitivity: 0.4 ng/ml
Canine prolactin (cPRL) is a single polypeptide chain which is approx. 22,000 in molecular mass, there are significant differences in the amino acid sequence of prolactin which is displayed in different species. A dominant single gene may produce multiple isoforms, which are produced by alternative splicing. In many species, cPRL is a key regulator of reproduction, and the protein regulates ovulation in females and sperm production in males. In addition, it helps maintain pregnancy when it enters the maternal circulation during late gestation via the placenta. In humans, there is a single PRL receptor on chromosome 1q21, but this gene has also been found in some other species. The protein contains a protease activation site, and the translated PRLR binds cPRL with high affinity. Binding of canine PRL to the receptor decreases the activity of serine proteases such as chymotrypsin and trypsin, so that it does not interfere with ovulation or sperm production, and supports the establishment of successful pregnancy.
The difference between primates and rodents is that primate PRL has a C terminus while rodent does not. These genes have various promoters in their 5′ regions, and the expression of these genes varies in various tissues. PRLR1 is mostly expressed in the hypothalamus’ mature neurons and anterior pituitary gland in humans. Rodents and primates both have a C-terminal extension on the PRLR1 gene. There is not much proof that this extension exists in humans.
Canine prolactin ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring quantitative amounts of prolactin (PRL) using canine (dog) serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.4 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with a monoclonal anti-canine prolactin antibody.
- Master Calibrator.
- Calibrator/Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Buffer.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of prolactin (PRL) using current canine prolactin ELISA kit is 0.4 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.5 – 80.0 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.4 ng/ml
– Specificity: Canine Prolactin (100%)
– Intra-Assay: 6.0 – 7.4%
– Inter-Assay: 5.5 – 9.2%
– Recovery: 92.0 – 109.0%
– Linearity: 89.0 – 103.0%
- Heterogeneity of circulating prolactin in the bitch. Reprod Nutr Dev. (2001) 41 (6): 505-11. Gobello C., et al.
- Clinical and prognostic implications of serum and tissue prolactin levels in canine mammary tumours. Vet Rec. (2014) 175 (16): 403. Queiroga F.L., et al.
- Determination of canine_prolactin by use of a commercial heterologous enzymeimmunoassay kit. Zentralbl Veterinarmed A. (1996) 43 (2): 65-74. Høier R. and Jensen A.L.
- Molecular cloning and expression of canine prolactin gene. Exp Anim. (2010) 59 (5): 643-6. Hashimoto O., et al.
- Role of steroid hormones and prolactin in canine mammary cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. (2005) 94 (1-3): 181-7. Queiroga F.L., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields