Canine prolactin ELISA kit is a procedure for measuring quantitative amounts of prolactin (PRL) using canine (dog) serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.4 ng/ml.
Canine prolactin (cPRL) is a single polypeptide chain which is approx. 22,000 in molecular mass, there are significant differences in the amino acid sequence of prolactin which is displayed in different species. For example; human and canine prolactin differ in about 60% of all the residues. One of the most important functions of prolactin is to stimulate lactation and mammary gland growth. This is evident by the fact that during pregnancy, the levels of prolactin (PRL) in canine blood is increased slightly whereas during lactation, there is a significant increase. There are many other physiological actions of prolactin such as: affecting electrolyte and water balance, vital for stress hormones, metabolism and gonadal function. The measurement of prolactin (PRL) has also be critical during the therapeutic control of hyper-prolactinemia.
CANINE PROLACTIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Plate: Coated with a monoclonal anti-canine prolactin antibody.
- Master Calibrator.
- Calibrator/Sample Diluent.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Sample Buffer.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of dog prolactin (PRL) using current canine prolactin ELISA kit is 0.4 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 2.5 – 80.0 ng/ml.
– Canine Prolactin (PRL): ELISA
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.4 ng/ml
– Specificity: Canine Prolactin (100%)
– Intra-Assay: 6.0 – 7.4%
– Inter-Assay: 5.5 – 9.2%
– Recovery: 92.0 – 109.0%
– Linearity: 89.0 – 103.0%
- Heterogeneity of circulating prolactin in the bitch. Reprod Nutr Dev. (2001) 41 (6): 505-11. Gobello C., et al.
- Clinical and prognostic implications of serum and tissue prolactin levels in canine mammary tumours. Vet Rec. (2014) 175 (16): 403. Queiroga F.L., et al.
- Determination of canine prolactin by use of a commercial heterologous enzymeimmunoassay kit. Zentralbl Veterinarmed A. (1996) 43 (2): 65-74. Høier R. and Jensen A.L.
- Molecular cloning and expression of canine prolactin gene. Exp Anim. (2010) 59 (5): 643-6. Hashimoto O., et al.
- Role of steroid hormones and prolactin in canine mammary cancer. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. (2005) 94 (1-3): 181-7. Queiroga F.L., et al.
- Full Name: Prolactin (PRL) ELISA Kit (Canine)
- Reactivity: Canine
- Sample Type: Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.4 ng/ml