Full Name: Rat/Mouse Progesterone ELISA Kit
Reactivity: Rat, Mouse
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma
Sensitivity: 0.04 ng/ml
Progesterone is also known as 4-pregnene-3, 20-dione is a C21 steroid hormone. It consists of a double bond between C-4 and C-5 and contains a keto group at the C-3 position. It is a female sex hormone which play a critical role during ovulation, fertility and menopause. The main function is to prepare the endometrium for implanting the blastocytes and for maintaining pregnancy. During pregnancy, progesterone stimulates the formation of the placenta and uterine spiral arteries, increases insensible water and nitrogen excretion. The increased blood vessels in the uterus decrease chances of hemorrhage.
The beginning of menstruation, which starts with the luteinization of follicular cells within a growing follicle on the ovary, is also caused by progesterone. These cells alternately release progesterone and oestrogen. Estrogen then causes the rupture of these growing follicles, releasing an egg from one ovary to be fertilized by sperm in the fallopian tubes. The corpus luteum that forms after ovulation continues to produce progesterone throughout pregnancy and into menopause where it declines significantly over time until its production ceases completely.
Rat/mouse progesterone ELISA kit is designed to quantitatively detect concentrations of mouse or rat progesterone using plasma or serum samples. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 0.04 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiter Wells: Coated with polyclonal anti-progesterone antibody.
- Calibrator 0.
- Calibrator (Calibrator 1-5): Concentrations: 0.4, 1.5, 6.5, 25, 100 ng/ml.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- TMB Substrate Solution.
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (10x Conc.).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of mouse or rat progesterone using current rat/mouse progesterone ELISA kit is 0.04 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.4 – 100.0 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 0.156ng/ml
– Intra Assay: 5.0 – 11.5%
– Inter Assay: 6.1 – 13.6%
– Recovery: 78 – 108%
– Linearity: 92 – 112%
- Progesterone attenuates hemorrhagic transformation after delayed tPA treatment in an experimental model of stroke in rats: involvement of the VEGF-MMP pathway. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. (2014) 34 (1): 72-80. Won S., et al.
- Progesterone binding in the mouse and rat uterus. Endocrinology. (1972) 91 (3): 738-46. Feil P.D., et al.
- Distribution of membrane progesterone-receptor alpha in the male mouse and rat brain and its regulation after traumatic brain injury. Neuroscience. (2013) 231: 111-24. Meffre D., et al.
- Rethinking progesterone regulation of female reproductive cyclicity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (2016) 113 (15): 4212-7. Kubota K., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields