Full Name: Rat/Mouse Corticosterone ELISA Kit
Reactivity: Rat, Mouse
Sample Type: Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 6.1 ng/ml
The adrenal glands create corticosterone in the cortex. It is a 21-carbon steroid hormone of the corticosteroid type. It is secreted by the adrenal cortex which is mainly controlled by the ACTH (a pituitary hormone) through a negative feedback mechanism. In rats, corticosterone represents an abundant steroid that is circulating, due to the fact that rodents are unable to synthesize cortisol (a major glucocorticoid in human). This is because of a lack of the enzyme C17-Hydroxylase which converts corticosterone to cortisol.
The levels of corticosterone in nocturnal animals (such as in rats) display a distinct circadian variation with peak values in the latter portion of the day, that is followed by a nadir in the morning and this is thought to play an vital role in sleep-wake cyclus. It is important for a large number of activities in rodents. It is vital in regulating protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism. The measurement in rats is of particular interest to facilities that are conducting neurophysiological research and drug research departments. Corticosterone is important for a large number of activities in rodents. It is vital in regulating protein, carbohydrate and fat metabolism.
Rat/mouse corticosterone ELISA kit is intended for detecting quantitative amounts of corticosterone in rat or mouse in samples of serum and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity detection limit of 6.1 ng/ml.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- Microtiterplate Strips: Wells coated with polyclonal rabbit anti-corticosterone antibody.
- Calibrator 0.
- Calibrator ( 1-5): Concentrations: 15 – 50 – 185 – 640 – 2250 ng/ml
- Incubation Buffer.
- Enzyme Conjugate.
- Corticosterone Conjugated To Horseradish Peroxidise.
- Substrate Solution (TMB).
- Stop Solution.
- Wash Solution (10x Concentrated).
The minimum sensitivity detection limit of corticosterone using current rat or mouse corticosterone ELISA kit was approximately 6.1 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.0 – 2,250.0 ng/ml.
– Analytical Sensitivity: 4.1 ng/ml
– Intra Assay: 2.5 – 8.3%
– Inter Assay: 4.8 – 12.7%
– Recovery: 83 – 117%.
– Linearity: 300 – 382 ng/ml
– Drug Interferences: Until now there are no substance (drug) which are known to influence with the measurement.
- Development of an antigen heterologous enzyme linked immunosorbent assay for measurement of corticosterone in rat serum. J Immunoassay Immunochem. (2011) 32 (3): 244-57. Shrivastav T.G., et al.
- Effects of different timing of stress on corticosterone, BDNF and memory in male rats. Physiol Behav. (2015) 139: 459-67. Radahmadi M., et al.
- High plasma corticosterone levels persist during frequent automatic blood sampling in rats. In Vivo. (2005) 19 (5): 815-9. Abelson K.S., et al.
- Development of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for serum 11-dehydrocorticosterone in rat and mouse. Biol Pharm Bull. (2007) 30 (3): 403-9. Tagawa N., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields