Full Name: Pro-Adrenomedullin ELISA Kit (Pro-ADM)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 0.469 pmol/L
Pro adrenomedullin (pro-ADM) is a precursor peptide that gives rise to the form of adrenomedullin (ADM). Its structure comprises 185 acids. It goes through proteolytic cleavage to generate the mature ADM peptide. The synthesis and expression primarily occur in tissues and organs such, as the medulla, lung, heart and kidney. Enzymatic conversion further processes pro ADM into ADM allowing for the regulation of its activity and function.
The role of ADM is closely linked to its counterpart, ADM. It serves as a biomarker for conditions like sepsis cardiovascular diseases and respiratory disorders. Its involvement has been observed in regulating blood pressure, vascular tone and immune response. Additionally, it has demonstrated promise as a marker that assists in evaluating disease severity and predicting patient outcomes.
Recent studies have focused on exploring the applications of pro-ADM as both a tool and a means of prognosis. Research has shown its effectiveness in predicting outcomes for patients with heart failure, sepsis and pneumonia. Furthermore, there is a correlation between ADM levels with disease progression and mortality rates—thus making it an invaluable biomarker for assessing risks stratification purposes, alongside treatment optimization.
The assessment of ADM provides an non intrusive method to evaluate the seriousness of a disease and track the progress of treatment.
Human pro-adrenomedullin ELISA kit can measure concentrations of pro-ADM (pro-adrenomedullin, pro-AM) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-proADM antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this pro-adrenomedullin ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.781, 1.562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50 pmol/L.
Sensitivity: 0.469 pmol/L
Range: 0.781 – 50 pmol/L
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for Pro-ADM, no cross reactivity or interference between Pro-ADM and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (94 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10 %
– Stability: 95 – 100%
- Pro-adrenomedullin in acute decompensation of liver cirrhosis: relationship with acute-on-chronic liver failure and short-term survival. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2020 May;55(5):606-614. Yan H., et al.
- Reliability of biomarkers of sepsis during extracorporeal therapies: the clinician needs to know what is eliminated and what is not. Crit Care. 2020 Sep 11;24(1):553. Honore P.M., et al.
- Multidimensional Prognostic Index and pro-adrenomedullin plasma levels as mortality risk predictors in older patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia: a prospective study. Panminerva Med. (2018) 60 (3): 80-85. Pilotto A., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields