Full Name: Ghrelin ELISA Kit (GHRL)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 1.125 pg/ml
Ghrelin is a hormone that has a vital role, in controlling our appetite and managing our energy balance. It’s mainly produced in the stomach. Other organs like the intestine, pancreas and brain also contribute to its production. Structurally ghrelin consists of 28 amino acids. Goes through some changes after it is made, including acylation, which is crucial for its biological functions. This hormone works by binding to the growth hormone secretagogue receptor (GHS R) which can be found throughout the nervous system and peripheral tissues.
The primary role of ghrelin is to stimulate our appetite and increase food intake. It affects a region in our brain called the hypothalamus that controls hunger and feeling full by attaching itself to GHS R. This triggers the release of neuropeptides that encourage us to eat more. Ghrelin also has an impact on processes like how we use energy, manage glucose levels and store fat. It has even been connected to regulating our feelings of reward mood swings and sleep patterns.
Ghrelin’s functions go beyond controlling hunger. It plays a role in conditions such as obesity, diabetes, and digestive disorders. When GHRL levels are out of balance it can lead to changes in body weight regulation problems with glucose metabolism and disruptions, in how our gut moves food along.
Furthermore, ghrelin has shown promise, for applications in conditions such, as cachexia, which is a syndrome characterized by wasting often observed in chronic illnesses.
Human ghrelin ELISA kit can measure concentrations of GHRL (ghrelin, obestatin) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-GHRL antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this ghrelin ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200, 400 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 1.125 pg/ml
Range: 1.875 – 120 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for GHRL, no cross reactivity or interference between GHRL and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 100%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 92%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Towards frailty biomarkers: Candidates from genes and pathways regulated in aging and age-related diseases. Ageing Res Rev. (2018) 47: 214-277. Cardoso A.L., et.
- Molecular mechanism of agonism and inverse agonism in ghrelin receptor. Nat Commun. (2022) 13 (1): 300. Qin J., et al.
- GHRL as a prognostic biomarker correlated with immune infiltrates and progression of precancerous lesions in gastric cancer. Front Oncol. (2023) 13: 1142017. Wang J., et al.
- Ghrelin regulation of glucose metabolism. J Neuroendocrinol. (2019) 31 (7): e12705. Gray S.M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields