Full Name: Adrenomedullin ELISA Kit (ADM)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 3.75 pg/ml
Adrenomedullin (ADM) is a peptide consisting of 52 amino acids and bears similarities, to the gene related peptide (CGRP). It is naturally released by organs including the adrenal medulla, heart, lungs, kidneys and digestive tract. ADM carries out its functions by binding to the receptor (CLR) and certain proteins called RAMPs, which initiates intracellular signaling pathways.
The functions of adrenomedullin encompass a range of physiological processes. These include dilation of blood vessels combating inflammation regulating blood vessel constriction or relaxation as managing heart and kidney functions. It plays a role in controlling blood pressure promoting the formation of blood vessels and supporting the growth of cells. Additionally, it contributes to defense against pathogens. Plays a crucial role in pregnancy by aiding placental growth and fetal development.
Recent research has brought attention to the involvement of ADM in conditions. Studies have demonstrated its participation in the development of diseases such as hypertension, heart failure and atherosclerosis. Moreover, there is emerging evidence suggesting its potential as a target for cancers like breast cancer, lung cancer and pancreatic cancer. There seems to be an association between ADM and neurodegenerative disorders, like Alzheimers disease where it may regulate neuroinflammation while influencing viability.
Human adrenomedullin ELISA kit can measure concentrations of ADM (adrenomedullin, AM) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-ADM antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this adrenomedullin ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 6.25, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200, 400 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 3.75 pg/ml
Range: 6.25 – 400 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for ADM, no cross reactivity or interference between ADM and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV 4.66 – 5.37%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV 4.64 – 4.77%
– Stability: 95 – 100%
- Adrenomedullin in heart failure: pathophysiology and therapeutic application. Eur J Heart Fail. (2019) 21(2):163-171. Review. Voors A.A., et al
- Identification of Inflammation-Related Biomarker Pro-ADM for Male Patients With Gout by Comprehensive Analysis. Front Immunol. (2022) 12: 798719. Qiu K., et al.
- Hypoxia‑inducible adrenomedullin-ameliorates the epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in human proximal tubular epithelial cells. Mol Med Rep. (2015) 11 (5): 3760-6. Zhu T., et al.
- Radioimmunoassay quantification of adrenomedullin in human gingival crevicular fluid. Arch Oral Biol. (2006) 51 (4): 334-8. Lundy F.T., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields