Human P-selectin ELISA kit is a protocol for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of p-selectin (GMP-140, CD62P, PADGEM) in human cell lysates, plasma, serum, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 5.0 pg/ml.
P-selectin which can be also called granule membrane protein 124 (GMP-140), CD62P and platelet activation-dependent granule to external membrane protein (PADGEM) is one of the largest selectins known, having a molecular mass of 140 kDa, containing nine consensus repeats and it extends from the endothelial surface. One of its essential role is in the initial recruitment and aggregation of platelets to areas which have experienced vascular injury.
P-selectin functions as a predominate cell adhesion molecule that is present on the surfaces of activated endothelial cells, activated platelets and line the inner surface of blood vessels. It is also has a functional role in metastasis of tumors that is very similar to it, where it has the ability to aid cancer cells to invade into the bloodstream in order for metastasis and provide multiple growth factors locally. It essentially stored in secretory granules and can be expressed at the plasma membrane following cell activation.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti P-Selectin antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 4000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample Diluent.
- Biotinylated Anti-Human Antibody.
- Antibody Diluent.
- Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC).
- ABC Diluent.
- TMB Colour Developing Agent.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of P-selectin (CD62P, PADGEM, GMP-140) using current CD62P ELISA kit was 5.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 62.5 – 4000 pg/ml.
- Selectins: initiators of leucocyte adhesion and signalling at the vascular wall. Cardiovasc Res. (2015) 107 (3): 331-9. Review. McEver R.P.
- Cellular adhesion and the endothelium: P-selectin. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. (2014) 28 (2): 323-39. Review. Kutlar A. and Embury S.H.
- Platelets, selectins, and the control of tumor metastasis. Semin Oncol. (2014) 41 (3): 422-34. Review. Coupland L.A. and Parish C.R.
- A journey with platelet P-selectin: the molecular basis of granule secretion, signalling and cell adhesion. Thromb Haemost. (2001) 86 (1): 214-21. Review. Furie B., et al.
- Selectins–potential pharmacological targets? Drug Discov Today. (2006) 11 (21-22): 1034-40. Review. Kneuer C., et al.
- Full Name: P-Selectin ELISA Kit (CD62P)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 5.0 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields