Human E-selectin ELISA kit is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative levels of e-selectin (ELAM-1, CD62E, LECAM2) in human serum, tissue homogenates, plasma and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 46.875 pg/ml.
E-selectin (also called LECAM2, ELAM-1 and CD62E) is only expressed in endothelial cells that have activated by cytokines and it is a cell adhesion molecules which consists of 6 sushi domain units, EDF-like domain, transmembrane domain, intracellular cytoplasmic tail, C-type lectin domain and an N-terminal. The expression of p-selectin is responsible for stimulating the production of E-selectin which in turn is stimulated by IL-1, TNF-alpha and lipopolysaccharide.
Like many of the other selectins, it is also responsible in playing vital roles during inflammation – it is important in recruiting leukocytes to the site of injury. Cytokine activated endothelial cells that are expressing E-selectin have the ability to bind CD44, PSGL-1 and many other ligands which are unidentified.
There are also many findings to indicate that E-selectin is able to mediate the adhesion of tumor cells to endothelial cells. It is also fast becoming a popular biomarker for the metastatic potential of a number of cancers such as colorectal cancer.
E-SELECTIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CD62E antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 78.125, 156.25, 312.5, 625, 1250, 2500, 5000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human e-selectin.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled CD62E Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of CD62E, ELAM-1 or LECAM2 using this human E-selectin ELISA kit was 46.875 pg/ml. The dynamic assay range for this kit is 78.125 – 5,000 pg/ml.
– E-Selectin (CD62E): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CD62E, no cross reactivity or interference between CD62E and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (90 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 97%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 86%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- E-selectin ligands as mechanosensitive receptors on neutrophils in health and disease. Ann Biomed Eng. (2012) 40 (4): 849-59. Review. Chase S.D., et al.
- Leukocyte ligands for endothelial selectins: specialized glycoconjugates that mediate rolling and signaling under flow. Blood. (2011) 118 (26): 6743-51. Review. Zarbock A., et al.
- Are selectins involved in metastasis? Clin Exp Metastasis. (1999) 17 (3): 183-92. Review. Krause T. and Turner G.A.
- E-selectin as a target for drug delivery and molecular imaging. J Control Release. (2012) 158 (2): 194-206. Review. Jubeli E., et al.
- Selectins promote tumor metastasis. Semin Cancer Biol. (2010) 20 (3): 169-77. Review. Läubli H. and Borsig L.
- Targeting selectins and selectin ligands in inflammation and cancer. Expert Opin Ther Targets. (2007) 11 (11): 1473-91. Review. Barthel S.R., et al.
- Full Name: E-Selectin (CD62E) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 46.875 pg/ml