Human N-cadherin ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative levels N-cadherin (CDH2 or neural cadherin) in human tissue homogenates, plasma, serum and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
N-Cadherin that is also commonly called neural cadherin (NCAD) or cadherin-2 (CDH2) is a transmembrane protein that is found to be expressed in many tissues and essentially functions in order to mediate various cell-cell adhesion processes. It is a protein which is composed of 906 amino acids with a molecular weight of 99.7kDa, it contains five extracellular cadherin repeats, a highly conserved cytoplasmic tail and a transmembrane region.
Neural cadherin was first identified in neural tissues and was later found in cardiac muscles cells and cancer metastasis. In cardiac muscles it is known to form an integral part of the adherens junctions that reside at the intercalated discs (these function to electrically or mechanically couple adjacent cardiomyocytes). In neural cells, it is important in mediating presynaptic to postsynaptic adhesions. It also has the ability to interact with catenins and this plays a vital during the process of learning and memory.
CDH2 is often also found in cancer cells where it can provide a mechanism for transendotheial migration. Even though mutations in CDH2 have so far not been linked to any human disease, alterations in the integrity and expression of N-cadherin protein have been discovered in many diseases (for example human dilated cardiomyopathy).
N-CADHERIN ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti CDH2 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human N-cadherin.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled CDH2 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of neural cadherin (N-cadherin, CDH2) using current human N-cadherin ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
– N-Cadherin (CDH2): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for CDH2, no cross reactivity or interference between CDH2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 96%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- N-Cadherin and Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptors crosstalk in the control of developmental and cancer cell migrations. Eur J Cell Biol. (2016) 95 (11): 415-426. Review. Nguyen T. and Mège R.M.
- Molecular interactions in adherens-type contacts. J Cell Sci Suppl. (1987) 8: 251-72. Review. Geiger B., et al.
- Cadherin-mediated cell-cell adhesion and signaling in the skeleton. Calcif Tissue Int. (2014) 94 (1): 46-54. Review. Marie P.J., et al.
- Full Name: N-Cadherin (CDH2) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml