Full Name: Melatonin ELISA Kit (MT)
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 4.688 pg/ml
Melatonin (MT) is produced pineal gland with the brain structure and it is best recognised for controlling the circadian rhythm of the body, also known as the sleep-wake cycle. Tryptophan is used to make it, which is produced primarily in response to darkness. The levels rise in the evening, stay high through the night, and then begin to drop in the morning.
The timing of a variety of physiological activities, such as; sleep, hormone synthesis and body temperature, is governed by the body’s internal clock, which are primarily regulated by melatonin. It helps to regulate and promote sleep by binding up with specific brain receptors. As a result, the concentrations of other neurotransmitters rise while the activity of neurons declines. Age and melatonin production levels are positively associated. As such, the elderly are more likely to exhibit daytime sleepiness and difficulty sleeping.
Melatonin is widely taken as a supplement by people who have sleep disorders such jet lag and insomnia. It may lessen the nightly restlessness and confusion that patients with Alzheimer’s disease frequently feel, but there is no evidence that it would improve cognition. or memory.
Melatonin ELISA kit is intended for analysing concentration of melatonin (MT) present in samples of serum, tissue homogenates, plasma and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-MT antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this melatonin ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 7.812, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 4.688 pg/ml
Range: 7.813 – 500 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for MT, no cross reactivity or interference between MT and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 96%), EDTA Plasma (88 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 100%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 96%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- A brief review about melatonin, a pineal hormone. Arch Endocrinol Metab. (2018) 62 (4): 472-479. Amaral F.G.D. and Cipolla-Neto J.
- Mitochondria: Central Organelles for Melatonin’s Antioxidant and Anti-Aging Actions. Molecules. 2018 Feb 24;23(2):509. Reiter R.J., et al.
- Indole-based melatonin analogues: Synthetic approaches and biological activity. Eur J Med Chem. (2020) 185: 111847. Wang S.Y., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields