Full Name: Cathelicidin Antimicrobial Peptide ELISA Kit (CAMP)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Plasma, Biological Fluids,
Sensitivity: 0.281 ng/ml
A family of antimicrobial proteins or peptides known as cathelicidin antimicrobial peptides (CAMP) play a key role in both the innate and adaptive immune systems as effectors. They are amphiphilic peptides that can range from 12-97 amino acids in length. Some of their functions includes elimination of pathogenic microbes, promotion of wound healing and modulation of immune responses. CAMP have been known to have diverse biological effects on both the innate and adaptive immune system. A significant amount of the body’s secreted cathelicidin molecule in the lysosomal membrane of neutrophils. By weakening the cell wall’s peptidoglycan layer, these chemicals can destroy bacteria and other organisms.
Cathelicidin antimicrobial peptides are produced by many different types of cells for example; keratinocytes, PMNs, epithelial cells that can be present either in the gastrointestinal or respiratory tracts. The various subsets have been found to display different biological functions. For example; those produced by epithelial cells can neutralise by binding to lipopolysaccharide endotoxins, those synthesised by PMN display microbial toxicity of a broad spectrum and those formed from keratinocyte cells show chemotactic activity against T cells and phagocytes.
Human cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide ELISA kit is intended for measuring amounts of cathelicidin antimicrobial peptide (CAMP, CAP18, CRAMP, FALL 39, hCAP 18, HSD26) using human samples of biological fluids, tissue homogenates, serum and plasma.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-CAMP antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this CAMP ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.469, 0.938, 1.875, 3.75, 7.5, 15, 30 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.281 ng/ml
Range: 0.469 – 30 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for CAMP, no cross reactivity or interference between CAMP and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (92 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Regulation of CAMP (cathelicidin antimicrobial_peptide) expression in adipocytes by TLR 2 and 4. Innate Immun. (2021) 27 (2): 184-191. Höpfinger A., et al.
- Cathelicidin-related antimicrobial peptide alleviates alcoholic liver disease through inhibiting inflammasome activation. J Pathol. (2020) 252 (4): 371-383. Li F., et al.
- Regulation of the CAMP gene by 1,25(OH)2D3 in various tissues. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. (2007) 103 (3-5): 552-7. Gombart A.F., et al.
- Cathelin-related antimicrobial peptide differentially regulates T- and B-cell function. Eur J Immunol. (2011) 41 (10): 3006-16. Kin N.W., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields