Full Name: NEFL ELISA Kit (Neurofilament Light Polypeptide)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
NEFL, also known as Neurofilament Light Polypeptide plays a role, in the structure of neurofilaments which are present in neurons and contribute to the cytoskeleton. Neurofilaments consist of three types of chains; light, medium and heavy. NEFL specifically provides support and structure to axons while also regulating their diameter. It is worth noting that mutations in the NEFL-gene can result in disorders.
The NEFL gene is located on chromosome 8p21. Is highly expressed in neurons within large myelinated axons. Together with NEFM (medium) and NEFH (subunits, NEFL forms neurofilament assemblies. These assemblies help maintain the caliber of axons by creating crossbridges between neurofilaments and microtubules. The accurate caliber of axons is essential for fast nerve conduction velocity. Additionally, it contributes to transport towards axon terminals and dendrites. Animal studies have demonstrated that NEFL plays a role in determining axon diameter during development.
Mutations, in the NEFL gene can lead to Charcot Marie Tooth disease type 1F and 2E, which are motor and sensory neuropathies characterized by muscle weakness, atrophy, sensory loss and foot deformities. These mutations are also associated with a form of lateral sclerosis. In Alzheimers disease cases abnormal accumulation of NEFL occurs within degenerating neurons. Testing the levels of NEFL in fluid may assist in diagnosing neurological disorders or monitoring their progression.
Human NEFL ELISA kit can measure concentrations of neurofilament light polypeptide (NEFL, NF-L, 68 kDa neurofilament protein, Neurofilament triplet L protein) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti- NEFL antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this NEFL ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Range: 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml
Principle: Sandwich, Double Antibody
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for NEFL, no cross reactivity or interference between NEFL and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 98%).
– Linearity: Serum (89 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- Phenotypic heterogeneity in patients with NEFL-related Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease. Mol Genet Genomic Med. (2022)10 (2): e1870. Kim H.J., et al.
- NEFL mRNA expression level is a prognostic factor for early-stage breast cancer patients. PLoS One. (2012) 7 (2): e31146. Li X.Q., et al.
- New evidence for secondary axonal degeneration in demyelinating neuropathies. Neurosci Lett. (2021) 744: 135595. Moss K.R., et al.
- Mutations in the neurofilament light chain gene (NEFL)–a study of a possible pathogenous effect. Folia Neuropathol. (2004) 42 (3): 187-90. Kochański A.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields