Full Name: NAMPT ELISA Kit (Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase)
Sample Type: Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT) is a protein enzyme that plays a role, in the production of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD+) an essential coenzyme is found in all living cells. The NAMPT enzyme is responsible for a step in generating NAD+ from nicotinamide. By regulating NAD+ biosynthesis it has an impact on metabolism, energy production and signaling pathways.
The NAMPT gene encodes the NAMPT enzyme. It converts nicotinamide into nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) which then transforms into NAD+. In NAD+ metabolism NAMPT is believed to be the factor that determines its rate. When there is a demand for NAD+, such as during exercise fasting or DNA damage it gets upregulated. Maintaining levels of NAD+ supports function and ensures energy balance.
Apart from its role NAMPT also acts as a hormone known as visfatin. Visfatin is released by fat and mimics insulins actions by reducing blood glucose levels. The diverse effects of NAMPT/visfatin have implications for health span. Contributes to conditions like obesity, aging, cancer and neurodegenerative disorders. Researchers are exploring the potential of inhibitors targeting NAMPT to deplete NAD+ as a strategy for tumor effects, in cancer therapy.
Human NAMPT ELISA kit can measure concentrations of nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase (NAMPT, Visfatin, NMPRTase, PBEF1, Pre-B cell-enhancing factor) present is plasma, serum, biological fluids or tissue homogenate samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti- NAMPT antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this NAMPT ELISA kit, it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Range: 0.313 – 20 ng/ml
Principle: Sandwich, Double Antibody
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for NAMPT, no cross reactivity or interference between NAMPT and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (89 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (92 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%
- NAD+ Metabolism Maintains Inducible PD-L1 Expression to Drive Tumor Immune Evasion. Cell Metab. (2021) 33 (1): 110-127. e5. Lv H., et al.
- Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase as a Key Molecule of the Aging/Senescence Process. Int J Mol Sci. (2021) 22 (7): 3709. Khaidizar F.D., et al.
- NAMPT in regulated NAD biosynthesis and its pivotal role in human metabolism. Curr Med Chem. (2011) 18 (13): 1947-61. Burgos E.S.
- The role of visfatin in pathogenesis of gestational diabetes (GDM). Ginekol Pol. (2018) 89 (9): 518-521. Radzicka S., et al.
- Boosting NAD+ with a small molecule that activates-NAMPT. Nat Commun. (2019) 10 (1): 3241. Gardell S.J., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields