Full Name: Mouse IL-1 Beta ELISA Kit (Interleukin-1 Beta)
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
Sensitivity: 7.5 pg/ml
Interleukin 1 is composed of two of proteins namely IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta, there are separate gene that are responsible for producing each of these proteins. Macrophages and other cells have the capacity to produce IL-1 in response to events like inflammation, infections, or microbial endotoxins. This leads to a drastic raise in its production and release. Compared to other cytokines, IL-1 has few key functions. It also plays a key role in chronic inflammation as well as acute inflammation that responds to such natural events like infection or tissue injury.
IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta are closely related proteins; they are composed of similar amino acids, sharing around 25% similarity. Both proteins are initially synthesized as 31kDa precursors, but then get cleaved into smaller proteins with molecular weights of 17.5kDa. In cells, IL-1 beta is only present in the 31 kilodalton (kDa) precursor form. When found outside of cells, it is made up of a combination of the unprocessed and mature forms. IL-1 beta is derived primarily from macrophages and activated T cells. It plays a role in fever and sepsis as an acute cytokine. It also suppresses lymphocyte proliferation via the p38 Mitogen Activated Protein Kinase pathway.
Mouse IL-1 beta ELISA kit is ideal for detecting levels of interleukin-1 beta (IL-1b, IL-1 beta, IL-1beta) in mouse samples of plasma, serum, tissue homogenate and many other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-IL-1b antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this mouse IL-1 beta ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 12.5, 25, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 7.5 pg/ml
Range: 12.5 – 800 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-1 Beta, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-1 Beta and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (96 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (94 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (89 – 96%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 92%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 94%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Re-exposure to alarmin HMGB1 and cytokine IL-1_beta induces differential innate immune response generation in mouse brain. J Neuroimmunol. (2021) 357: 577625. Das S., et al.
- Expression of IL-1β and implantation serine proteases is required for mouse blastocyst hatching. Reproduction. (2021) 161 (2): 123-133. Pathak M., et al.
- Interleukin-1 beta targeted therapy for type 2 diabetes. Expert Opin Biol Ther. (2009) (9): 1177-88. Maedler K., et al.
- Inhibition of IL-1beta improves Glycaemia in a Mouse Model for Gestational Diabetes. Sci Rep. (2020) 10 (1): 3035. Schulze F., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields