Full Name: Hamster IL-4 ELISA Kit (Interleukin 4)
Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Interleukin-4 stimulates the development of Th0 (naive helper T cells) into Th2 cells. After being stimulated by IL-4, Th2 cells then continue to generate IL4. It plays biological tasks such as; promoting the growth of T- and B-cells that have been activated as well as the differentiation of CD4+ T-cells into Th2 cells. It has a crucial role in regulating both humeral and adaptive immunity. It causes B-cells to switch to the Ice class and increases MHC class II synthesis. Allergies and IL-4 overproduction are related to Th2 cell overproduction. The gene for IL-4 is present on chromosome 6.
Hamster IL-4 ELISA kit is intended for detecting amounts of hamster interleukin 4 (IL-4, IL4, BCGF-1, BSF-1) present is plasma, biological fluids, tissue homogenates and serum.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-IL-4 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this hamster IL-4 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 312.5, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Range: 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-4, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-4 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (92 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (87 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (91 – 105%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Cytokine expression in hamsters experimentally infected with Opisthorchis viverrini. Parasite Immunol. (2007) 29 (3): 159-67. Jittimanee J, et al.
- Expression of Fas ligand improves the effect of IL-4 in collagen-induced arthritis. Eur J Immunol. 2000) 30 (1): 308-15. Guéry L, et al.
- Cytokine expression at the anchor site in experimental Taenia solium infection in hamsters. Vet Parasitol. (2014) 200 (3-4): 299-302. Cruz-Rivera M, et al.
- Correlation of Immunomodulatory Cytokine Expression with Histopathological Changes and Viral Antigen in a Hamster Model of Equine Herpesvirus-9 Encephalitis. J Comp Pathol. (2020) 180: 46-54. Abd-Ellatieff H, et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields