Full Name: Mouse HbA1c ELISA Kit (Glycosylated Hemoglobin A1c)
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
Sensitivity: 0.75 ng/ml
HbA1c is described as a glycated protein where the glucose molecule can bind with the valine reside at the N-terminal of the beta chain of hemoglobin nonenzymatically. Valine translates to Val-Amino-Glucose molecules bind to hemoglobin N-terminal where they are nonenzymatically bonded. Glycation takes place in the liver but is also important in other tissues such as muscle and brain. The blood-brain barrier prevents significant glycation from occurring within the brain, but not within other body organs. The process of glycation only occurs when there is enough glucose present in the body because it requires a molecule with an open hydroxyl group at C-3 to react with another protein or lipid molecule’s electron pair during reaction.
Diabetes patients exhibit higher HbA1c levels of glycation of several different proteins when compared to non-diabetic persons. It is frequently used as an index for glycemic control during clinical practices. However, the glucose levels are found to be underestimated in many conditions that result in shorting the circulating red blood cell life span, examples of this include transfusion, sickle cell disease, anemia, hemolysis and cystic fibrosis.
The HbA1c testing procedures are predominately used in the screening process to diagnose and monitor diabetes. It serves as a biological marker in monitoring the effectiveness of glycemic therapy and an indicator if the therapy needs to be modified.
Mouse HbA1c ELISA kit is designed for analysing glycosylated hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) present in mouse tissue homogenates, serum, other biological fluids and plasma samples.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-HbA1c antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this mouse HbA1c ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20, 40, 80 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.75 ng/ml
Range: 1.25 – 80 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for HbA1c, no cross reactivity or interference between HbA1c and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (91 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 99%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 99%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 97%), Heparin Plasma (84 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Effects of calcium supplementation on circulating osteocalcin and glycated-haemoglobin in older women. Osteoporos Int. (2019) 30 (10): 2065-2072. Lewis JR., et al.
- Eucommia ulmoides Ameliorates Glucotoxicity by Suppressing Advanced Glycation End-Products in Diabetic Mice Kidney. Nutrients. (2018) 10 (3): 265. Do M.H., et al.
- An interspecies comparison of normal levels of glycosylated hemoglobin and glycosylated albumin. Comp Biochem Physiol B. (1985) 81 (4): 819-22. Rendell M., et al.
- A glycosylated Fc-fused glucagon-like peptide-1 receptor agonist exhibits equivalent glucose lowering to but fewer gastrointestinal side effects than dulaglutide. Diabetes Obes Metab. (2020) 22 (8): 1455-1468. An I.B., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields