Full Name: Mouse GLUT-1 ELISA Kit (Glucose Transporter 1)
Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum,
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Glucose transporter 1 is a ubiquitously expressed and regulated by cellular stress. There are many different types of cellular stressors such as heat shock, glucose starvation, calcium ionophores, mercaptoethanol and tunicamycin. It exists as different transporter isoforms. Although it is a minor transporter in humans, its expression has been correlated with disease states such as cancer and psychosocial stress. GLUT1 has been shown to interact with LRPPRC and SHP2, members of the LDLRAP subfamily.
The amino acid of GLUT1 is highly conserved between many species, for example there is over 98% homology between human and rat. It is a transmembrane protein that facilitates in the diffusion of glucose molecules across a membrane. This is a passive transport process where there is a movement down a concentration gradient of glucose. Deficiency can result in glucose’s inability to pass the blood-brain barrier.
GLUT1 is referred to be a proton-coupled transporter since it contains the amino acid glutamine. This protein is a biochemical sensor that is present in several cells and organs, notably in the brain and intestine. A highly conserved cytoplasmic loop is another feature of the transmembrane protein. Glut1 protein is a membrane transporter protein which is involved in sensing extracellular glucose concentrations in the plasma and also transporting glucose into cells.
Mouse GLUT-1 ELISA kit can be used for measuring amounts of glucose transporter 1 (GLUT1, SLC2A, GLUT-1, soluble carrier family 2, erythrocyte) in mouse samples of tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and other biological fluids.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti GLUT-1 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this mouse GLUT-1 ELISA Kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10, 20 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
Range: 0.313 – 20 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for GLUT1, no cross reactivity or interference between GLUT1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 95%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- GLUT1-regulates cell glycolysis and proliferation in prostate cancer. Prostate. (2018) 78 (2): 86-94. Xiao H., et al.
- Exercise improves cardiac function and glucose metabolism in mice with experimental myocardial infarction through inhibiting HDAC4 and upregulating GLUT1 expression. Basic Res Cardiol. (2020) 115 (3): 28. Jiang H., et al.
- Golgi targeting of the GLUT1-glucose transporter in lactating mouse mammary gland. Pediatr Res. (2000) 47 (4 Pt 1): 444-50. Nemeth BA., et al.
- Glucose transporter-1-deficient mice exhibit impaired development and deformities that are similar to diabetic embryopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. (2003) 100 (26): 15613-8. Heilig CW., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields