Full Name: Monkey IGF-1 ELISA Kit (Insulin Like Growth Factor 1)
Sample Type: Plasma, Biological Fluids, Serum, Tissue Homogenates
Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
Insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) is a polypeptide hormone involved in regulating growth and development during pregnancy or after birth. It is a 70-amino acid polypeptide hormone that was first described as somatomedin C. It stimulates cell division, protein synthesis, glucose uptake and other metabolic activities necessary for growth. It also plays a role in muscle repair and recovery after injury or exercise. IGF1 is also a marker of placental growth and function. In mice, IGF1 is necessary to maintain pregnancy throughout the first eight days after birth, but it is dispensable thereafter.
IGF-1 is a growth factor belonging to the insulin family. It is structurally similar to pro-insulin, it binds and activates insulin receptors in the body. Elevated levels are linked with cancer, diabetes and obesity. IGF-1 is a hormone aids the development and repair of cells, as well as the production of proteins.
Monkey IGF-1 ELISA kit is ideal for measuring amounts of insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF-1, IGF-I, IGF1A, IGF1B, mechano growth factor, MGF, somatomedin C) present in monkey biological fluids, serum, plasma and tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti IGF-1 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this monkey IGF-1 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 0.156, 0.312, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5, 10 ng/ml.
Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
Range: 0.156 – 10 ng/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IGF-1, no cross reactivity or interference between IGF-1 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (89 – 98%), EDTA Plasma (92 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 101%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (92 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) therapy: Mitochondrial dysfunction and diseases. Biochim Biophys Acta. (2016) 1862 (7): 1267-78. Sádaba M.C., et al.
- Preclinical and clinical evidence of IGF-1 as a prognostic marker and acute intervention with ischemic stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. (2021) 41 (10): 2475-2491. Hayes C.A., et al.
- Similar dietary regulation of IGF-1- and IGF-binding proteins by animal and plant protein in subjects with type 2 diabetes. Eur J Nutr. (2021) 60 (6): 3499-3504. Schüler R., et al.
- The paradox of the insulin/IGF-1 signaling pathway in longevity. Mech Ageing Dev. (2004) 125 (6): 397-403. Rincon M., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields