Full Name: Hamster IL-6 ELISA Kit (Interleukin 6)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids,
Sensitivity: 4.688 pg/ml
Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is a proinflammatory cytokine that is responsible for stimulating acute phase proteins for example CRP. It is a glycoprotein that is single chained which if produced by endothelial cells, adipose tissue and monocytes. It is reported that IL6 production is higher with age, overweight and smoking. The levels of IL6 are increased following chronic stress such as psychological or physical stress and this may contribute to the severity of symptoms.
IL-6 functions in the promotion of T-cell differentiation and B-cell maturation, it is also able to synergise with IL-1 and TNF-alpha in the promotion of systemic inflammatory response. It can bind to the IL-6R to exert is effect on many different target cells. The IL-6R is consisting of two main components: the alpha chain (80kDa binding domain) and the beta chain (gp130 signal transducing domain). IL-6 is produced by various cell types in response to different stimuli, including injury, infections, and immune activation.
The metabolic significance of IL-6 is comprehensively studies in humans and many other animals. There are finding to indicate elevated levels are present in the plasma and adipose tissue of obese individuals that were investigated. It was also found that the level was reduced when these patients experienced weight loss especially in the adipose tissues and plasma. The plasma levels have been linked to risk of diabetes (especially type 2) and insulin resistance. There are also suggestions that in humans can be secreted into circulation from adipose tissue. One study in rats suggests the IL-6 receptors may be involved in metabolic dysfunction.
Hamster IL-6 ELISA kit can be used for analysing amounts of interleukin 6 (IL6, HGF, IL-6 HSF, IFNB2, BSF2, CDF) using hamster samples of plasma, serum, other biological samples and tissue homogenates.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti IL-6 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant .
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For the following hamster IL-6 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 7.812, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 4.688 pg/ml
Range: 7.813 – 500 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-6, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-6 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (95 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (81 – 95%), Heparin Plasma (92 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (84 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 96%), Heparin Plasma (98 – 104%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Phase specific suppression of neutrophil function in hibernating Syrian hamster. Dev Comp Immunol. (2021) 119: 104024. Reitsema V.A.,et al.
- Chinese hamster ovarian cells transfected with the murine interleukin-6 gene cause hypercalcemia as well as cachexia, leukocytosis and thrombocytosis in tumor-bearing nude mice. Endocrinology. (1991) 128 (5): 2657-9. Black K., et al.
- Interleukin-6 inhibits oxidative injury and necrosis after extreme liver resection. Hepatology. (2007) 46 (3): 802-12. Jin X., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields