Human MMP-9 ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9, MMP-9, gelatinase B, 92 kD type IV collagenase or type V collagenase) in human cell lysates, serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.188 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9 or MMP9) which can also be referred to as gelatinase B, type V collagenase or 92 kD type IV collagenase, are members of the group of secreted zinc metalloproteases. It is a matrixin which is involved in degrading extracellular matrix, allow angiogenesis and tumor invasion. It is pro-enzyme consists of five domains: amino-terminal pro-peptide, carboxyl-terminal hemopexin-like domain (conserved) and the zinc-binding catalytic domain.
MMP-9 is predominantly known to be expressed in macrophages, neutrophils and mast cells and together with elastase is a regulatory factor in the migration of neutrophil across the basement membrane. Gelatinase B, has been identified to have proteolytic activity against connective tissue proteins and it has be indicated to be vital in the process of connective tissue remodelling which is linked with plaque rupture and atherogenesis. Elevated levels are discovered in cases of focal brain ischemia and rheumatoid arthritis.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with MMP-9.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP9, MMP-9, type V collagenase, 92 kD type IV collagenase, gelatinase B) using current MMP-9 ELISA kit was 0.188 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.313 – 20 ng/ml.
- On the structure and functions of gelatinase B/matrix metalloproteinase-9 in neuroinflammation. Prog Brain Res. (2014) 214: 193-206. Review. Vandooren J., et al.
- Epigenetic regulation of mmp-9 gene expression. Cell Mol Life Sci. (2013) 70 (17): 3109-24. Review. Labrie M. and St-Pierre Y.
- New strategies for targeting matrix metalloproteinases. Matrix Biol. (2015) 44-46: 239-46. Review. Fields G.B.
- MMP9: a novel function in synaptic plasticity. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. (2012) 44 (5): 709-13. Review. Dziembowska M. and Wlodarczyk J.
- A systematic review of matrix metalloproteinase 9 as a biomarker of survival in patients with osteosarcoma. Tumour Biol. (2014) 35 (6): 5487-91. Review. Li H., et al.
- Full Name: MMP-9 ELISA Kit (Matrix Metalloproteinase-9)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields