Human MMP-12 ELISA kit is intended for analysing in vitro quantitative levels of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP-12, MMP12, macrophage elastase) in human plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids, cell lysates and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.188 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP-12) is a pre-proprotein that is cleaved in order to generate the mature protease. The active enzyme is composed of two domains, one which is the catalytic domain (enzymatic activity) and the other the hemopexin-like domain (substrate recognition). It is a proenzyme (54 kDa) that is processed into a 45 kDa and then later into a 22 kDa which represents the active form.
MMP-12 is predominately formed by macrophages and it has been linked to; atherosclerosis, inflammatory skin diseases, aneurysms and a number of other cancers. There is evidence to suggest that it may be critical mediator of acute and chronic lung injury. It has been found to play important roles during aneurysm formation (mouse models only) and this has led to the belief that it could have a role during emphysema development (humans).
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with MMP-12.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-12 (MMP12, MMP-12, macrophage elastase) using current MMP-12 ELISA kit was 0.188 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.313 – 20 ng/ml.
- Complex role of matrix metalloproteinases in angiogenesis. Cell Res. (1998) 8 (3): 171-7. Review. Sang Q.X.
- Macrophage elastase (MMP-12): a pro-inflammatory mediator? Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. (2005) 100 Suppl 1: 167-72. Review. Nénan S., et al.
- Regulation of matrix metalloproteinases: an overview. Mol Cell Biochem. (2003) 253 (1-2): 269-85. Review. Chakraborti S., et al.
- New insights into the substrate specificity of macrophage elastase MMP-12. Biol Chem. (2016) 397 (5): 469-84. Lamort A.S., et al.
- Full Name: MMP-12 ELISA Kit (Matrix Metalloproteinase-12)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields