Human MMP-3 ELISA kit is designed for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3, MMP3, stromelysin or transin) in human plasma, serum, cell lysates, other biological fluids and cell culture supernatant. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.068 ng/mL.
Matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP3, MMP-3) is also referred to as transin or stromelysin, has been described as a proteoglycanase which is very closely related to MMP1 and also has many different substrate specificities. MMP-3 can function to degrade collagen, elastin, fibronectin, proteoglycans and laminin. It has an estimated molecular mass of 54 kDa and the complete primary structure is made up of 477 residues which includes a signal peptide.
The following MMP-3 ELISA kit can be used for analysing many diagnostic applications. Matrix metalloproteinase-3 can be released as a secreted metalloprotease which is formed mainly by connective tissue cells. It can also synergistically degrade the extracellular matrix (major components) alongside other metalloproteases. MMP-3 has the ability to activate other MMPs (MMP1, MMP7 and MMP9) during connective tissue remodelling, wound repair, tumor initiation and progression of atherosclerosis. There is also evidence that it can cause damage to the blood-spinal cord barrier (BSCB), this can be view as a functional equivalent of the blood-brain barrier following spinal cord injury (SCI). Other findings also implicate it in the in exacerbating the effects seen during traumatic brain injury (TBI) which is the result of causing disruption to the blood-brain barrier (BBB). This MMP-3 ELISA kit offers sensitivity level of 0.068 ng/mL and it can be used to measure human samples of plasma, other biological fluids, serum, cell culture supernatant and cell lysates
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3, MMP3, transin and stromelysin) using current human MMP-3 ELISA kit was 0.068 ng/mL. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/mL.
- Matrix metalloproteinases as therapeutic targets for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. (2015) 53 (5): 585-600. Review. Craig V.J., et al.
- Polymorphisms of MMP-1 and MMP-3 and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis. A meta-analysis. Z Rheumatol. (2015) 74 (3): 258-62. Review. Zhang C., et al.
- Role of matrix metalloproteinase-3 in neurodegeneration. J Neurochem. (2011) 116 (1): 22-32. Review. Kim E.M. and Hwang O.
- Regulation of MMP3 by laminin alpha 4 in human osteoarthritic cartilage. Scand J Rheumatol. (2011) 40 (6): 494-6. Fuerst F.C., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 (MMP-3) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.068 ng/mL