Human MMP-8 ELISA kit is a procedure intended for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP8, MMP-8, neutrophil collagenase) in human plasma, cell culture supernatant, serum, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8, MMP8 and neutrophil collagenase) is a specific collagen cleaving enzyme that is present in connective tissues. Its function includes the breakdown of extracelluar matrix in normal processes (for example in reproduction, tissue re-modelling and embryonic development), often involving degrading interstitial collagens where it acts on collagen type I. It is an enzyme which has the ability to break-down fibrillar collagens which can impart strength to the fetal membranes, it is highly expressed in chorionic cytotrophoblast and leukocytes cells.
The majority of MMP-8 is secreted in an inactive pro-protein format that can then be activated by the cleavage action of extracellular proteinases. There are also there is further evidence to indicate a role as a vital biomarker for many cancers (e.g. colorectal cancer). Proteolysis is possible at different sites of this protein which can lead to multiple active forms of the enzyme which have distinct N-termini.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with MMP-8.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8, MMP8, neutrophil collagenase) using current MMP-8 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
- Matrix metalloproteinases as therapeutic targets for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. (2015) 53 (5): 585-600. Review. Craig V.J., et al.
- A cut above the rest? MMP-8 and liver fibrosis gene therapy. Gastroenterology. (2004) 126 (4): 1199-201. Review. Iredale J.P.
- Neutrophil proteolytic activation cascades: a possible mechanistic link between chronic periodontitis and coronary heart disease. Innate Immun. (2016) 22 (1): 85-99. Review. Alfakry H., et al.
- Collagenase-2 (MMP-8) as a point-of-care biomarker in periodontitis and cardiovascular diseases. Therapeutic response to non-antimicrobial properties of tetracyclines. Pharmacol Res. (2011) 63 (2): 108-13. Review. Sorsa T., et al.
- Full Name: MMP-8 ELISA Kit (Matrix Metalloproteinase-8)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Lysates, Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields