Human MMP-8 ELISA kit is a procedure intended for measuring in vitro quantitative levels of matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP8, MMP-8, neutrophil collagenase) in human plasma, cell culture supernatant, serum, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.021 ng/mL.
Matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8, MMP8 or neutrophil collagenase), is a specific collagen cleaving enzyme that is mostly found in connective tissues. The functions of MMP8 include the breakdown of extracelluar matrix in normal processes (for example in reproduction, tissue re-modelling and embryonic development), often involving degrading interstitial collagens where it acts on collagen type I. MMP-8 is an enzyme which has the ability to break-down fibrillar collagens which can impart strength to the fetal membranes, it is highly expressed in chorionic cytotrophoblast and leukocytes cells.
The following MMP-8 ELISA kit is designed for analysing many different diagnostic applications. The majority of MMP’s are secreted in an inactive pro-protein format that can then be activated by the cleavage action of extracellular proteinases. Elevated serum levels have been discovered in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and there are also there is further evidence to indicate a role as a vital biomarker for many cancers (e.g. colorectal cancer). Proteolysis is possible at different sites of this protein which can lead to multiple active forms of the enzyme which have distinct N-termini. This MMP-8 ELISA kit offers a sensitivity level of 0.021 ng/mL and it can be used to measure human samples of cell lysates, plasma, cell culture supernatant, biological fluids and serum.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8, MMP8, neutrophil collagenase) using current human MMP-8 ELISA kit was 0.021 ng/mL. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.05 – 10 ng/mL.
- Matrix metalloproteinases as therapeutic targets for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. (2015) 53 (5): 585-600. Review. Craig V.J., et al.
- A cut above the rest? MMP-8 and liver fibrosis gene therapy. Gastroenterology. (2004) 126 (4): 1199-201. Review. Iredale J.P.
- Neutrophil proteolytic activation cascades: a possible mechanistic link between chronic periodontitis and coronary heart disease. Innate Immun. (2016) 22 (1): 85-99. Review. Alfakry H., et al.
- Collagenase-2 (MMP-8) as a point-of-care biomarker in periodontitis and cardiovascular diseases. Therapeutic response to non-antimicrobial properties of tetracyclines. Pharmacol Res. (2011) 63 (2): 108-13. Review. Sorsa T., et al.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-8 (MMP-8) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Cell Lysates, Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant
- Sensitivity: 0.021 ng/mL