Human MMP-11 ELISA kit can be used for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of matrix metalloproteinase-11 (MMP-11, MMP11, stromelysin-3) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, cell lysates, plasma and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.05 ng/mL.
Matrix metalloproteinase-11 (MMP-11, stromelysin-3, MMP11, SL-3) is secreted by mesenchymal origin cells. The human form consists of 31 amino acids signal sequence, hemopexin-like domains, a pro-peptide that is cleaved at a furin consensus sequence and a 390 a.a. mature sequence. The mature human MMP11 protein is 45 kDa and it displays 89% amino acids sequence identity with mouse.
The following MMP-11 ELISA kit is ideal for measuring many different types of diagnostic applications. The diseases which have been associated with MMP-11 include colorectal cancer and basal cell carcinoma. It has been found to be upregulated in stromal cells that are located near invasive carcinomas, it is able to cleave IGFBP which can allow the free IGF-1 to promote tumor cell growth. This MMP-11 ELISA kit offers a sensitivity level of 0.05 ng/mL and it can be used to measure human samples of cell lysates, plasma, biological fluids, cell culture supernatant and serum.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-11 (MMP11, MMP-11, stromelysin-3) using current human MMP-11 ELISA kit was 0.05 ng/mL. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.1 – 30 ng/mL.
- Matrix metalloproteinase 11 (MMP-11; stromelysin-3) and synthetic inhibitors. Med Res Rev. (2007) 27 (4): 528-52. Review. Matziari M., et al.
- Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Photoaging and Photocarcinogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. (2016) 17 (6). pii: E868. Review. Pittayapruek P., et al.
- Insights into the distinct roles of MMP-11 in tumor biology and future therapeutics (Review). Int J Oncol. (2016) 48 (5): 1783-93. Review. Zhang X., et al.
- Cancer cells, adipocytes and matrix metalloproteinase 11: a vicious tumor progression cycle. Biol Chem. (2008) 389 (8): 1037-41. Review. Motrescu E.R. and Rio M.C.
- Full Name: Matrix Metalloproteinase-11 (MMP-11) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Plasma, Serum
- Sensitivity: 0.05 ng/mL