Human MMP-13 ELISA kit is a procedure for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13, MMP-13, collagenase 3) in human cell lysates, plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.094 ng/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP-13) which is more commonly referred to as collagenase 3, it is similar to the other MMPs and is secreted in an inactive pro-form which is activated upon being cleaved. The active enzyme consists of a catalytic domain and a hemopexin-like domain. Both the catalytic and hemopexin-like domain are require in order to preform efficient degradation of collagen. This is mainly expressed in the skeleton that is required for bone mineralization during embryonic development, however, it can also be highly over expressed in many pathological situations which can lead to human rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis and carcinomas.
MMP-13 expression in osteoarthritic cartilage along with its action against type II collagen, has led to the assumptions that this enzyme could plays a major role in cartilage collagen degradation. This makes it a complex target for a number of therapeutic interventions that are based on collagenase inhibition techniques.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with MMP-13.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of human matrix metalloproteinase-13 (MMP13, MMP-13 and collagenase 3) using current MMP-13 ELISA kit was 0.094 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.156 – 10 ng/ml.
- Impact of matrix metalloproteinases on atherosclerosis. Curr Drug Targets. (2014) 15 (4): 442-53. Review. Lin J., et al.
- The structure, regulation, and function of human matrix metalloproteinase-13. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. (2002) 37 (3): 149-66. Review. Leeman M.F., et al.
- New strategies for targeting matrix metalloproteinases. Matrix Biol. (2015) 44-46: 239-46. Review. Fields G.B.
- Ten years in the life of an enzyme: the story of the human MMP-13 (collagenase-3). Mod Rheumatol. (2004) 14 (3): 197-204. Tardif G., et al.
- Full Name: MMP-13 ELISA Kit (Matrix Metalloproteinase-13)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Other Biological Fluids, Serum, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Cell Lysates
- Sensitivity: 0.094 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields