Human MMP-1 ELISA kit can be used for determining in vitro quantitative levels of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP1, MMP-1, interstitial or fibroblast collagenase) in human cell culture supernatant, serum, cell lysates, other biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 46.875 pg/ml.
Matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1 or MMP1) is also called fibroblast collagenase or interstitial collagenase, the genes is located on chromosome 11q22.3. MMPs are made up of around 20 proteolytic enzymes that are essential in tissue remodelling. It plays a critical role in the degradation of collagen which is present in inflammatory diseases. It possesses an archetypal structure that is made up of a pre-domain, a catalytic domain, a hemopexin-like domain, a pro-domain and a linker region. The catalytic domain consists of 5 highly twisted beta-strands, 3 alpha-helix and an overall total of eight loops which enclose 5 metal ions, one of which with found to possess the catalytic role.
MMPs are important for breaking down of extracellular matrix in normal physiological processes (for example in tissue remodelling, reproduction and embryonic development) and also in many disease processes (for example metastasis and arthritis). MMP-1 have a specific function in the breakdown of interstitial collagens (I, II and III). It also has the ability to interact with CD49b and mechanical forces have been identified which can lead to increasing the expression human periodontal ligament cells.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with MMP-1.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of matrix metalloproteinase-1 (MMP-1, MMP1, fibroblast or interstitial collagenase) using current MMP-1 ELISA kit was 46.875 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 78.125 – 5000 ng/ml.
- Matrix metalloproteinases as therapeutic targets for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. (2015) 53 (5): 585-600. Review. Craig V.J., et al.
- MMP-1 polymorphism and its relationship to pathological processes. J Biosci. (2009) 34 (2): 313-20. Review. Arakaki P.A., et al.
- Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Photoaging and Photocarcinogenesis. Int J Mol Sci. (2016) 17 (6). pii: E868. Review. Pittayapruek P., et al.
- Membrane-type matrix metalloproteinases (MT-MMPs) in tumor metastasis. J Biochem. (1996) 119 (2): 209-15. Review. Sato H. and Seiki M.
- MMP-1: the elder of the family. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. (2005) 37 (2): 283-8. Review. Pardo A. and Selman M.
- Full Name: MMP-1 ELISA Kit (Matrix Metalloproteinase-1)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Serum
- Sensitivity: 78.125 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields