Human MIP-1 alpha ELISA kit is intended for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha (MIP-1 alpha)(CCL3, LD78) in human serum, plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin), tissue homogenates and various other biological fluids samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 14.063 pg/ml.
Macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha (MIP-1alpha) which can also be known as LD78 and CCL3, has a total molecular mass of 7,889 Da and the mature peptide consists of 69 amino acids. CCL3 is a cytokine which is part of the CC chemokine family and has vital roles in the acute inflammatory state in the recruitment and activation of polymorphonuclear leukocytes through binding the following specific receptors CCR1, CCR4 and CCR5. CCL3 has been also identified to shown to interact with CCL4, where it can attract macrophages, monocytes or neutrophils.
MIP-1 alpha is a chemokine that is important for stem cell inhibitory and pro-inflammatory in vitro, there is also evidence that it can be involved in wound healing, tumorigenesis and inflammatory responses. In vivo it constitutes a vital second signal for mast cell degranulation in the conjunctiva and therefore consequently for many acute-phase diseases.
MIP-1 ALPHA ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human MIP-1 alpha antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 23.438, 46.875, 93.75, 187.5, 375, 750, 1500 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled MIP-1 alpha Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of MIP 1 alpha (CCL3) using this human MIP-1 alpha ELISA kit was 14.063 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 23.438 – 1,500 pg/ml.
– Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-1 Alpha (MIP-1 Alpha): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for MIP-1 alpha, no cross reactivity or interference between MIP 1 alpha and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (91 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 93%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- MIP-1 alpha and myeloma bone disease. Cancer Treat Res. (2004) 118: 83-100. Review. Roodman G.D. and Choi S.J.
- Macrophage inflammatory protein: its characteristics, biological properties and role in the regulation of haemopoiesis. Int J Hematol. (1993) 57 (3): 197-206. Review. Lord B.I., et al.
- CCR1 as a target for multiple myeloma. Expert Opin Ther Targets. (2011) 15 (9): 1037-47. Review. Vallet S. and Anderson K.C.
- The role of MIP-1 alpha in inflammation and hematopoiesis. J Leukoc Biol. (1996) 59 (1): 61-6. Review. Cook D.N.
- Full Name: Macrophage Inflammatory Protein-1 Alpha (MIP-1 Alpha) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 14.063 pg/ml