Human IL-6 ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of interleukin-6 (IL-6) present in human serum, biological fluids, plasma (EDTA, citrate, heparin) and tissue homogenates. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 2.813 pg/ml.
Interleukin 6 (IL-6) is also called interferon-beta 2 gene, hybridoma growth factor, hepatocyte stimulating factor and B-cell stimulation factor-2. It is a multi-functional protein that important functions in immune responses, host defence, hematopoiesis and acute phase reactions. The proteins which are derived from this gene are responsible for mediating the plasma protein response to tissue injury, regulating the growth and differentiation of both T and B cells. It is involved hepatic acute phase response, lipoprotein lipase activity, hepatic triglyceride secretion and adipose tissue metabolism.
IL-6 is predicted to contain a four helix-bundle type tertiary structure that is common among other cytokines such as G-CSF, IL-11, MGF, OSM, CNTF, EPO, LIF, hGH and prolactin. The results of structure-function studies of IL-6 and the other four a-helix bundle cytokines indicates that the helix D regions (c-terminal) are mainly responsible for the binding to their respective receptors.
The production of IL-6 is up-regulated by many signals such as antigenic or mitogenic stimulation, calcium ionophore, lipopolysaccharide, IL-1, IL-2, PDGF, TNF, IFN and viruses. The many different activities suggest that this factor plays a vital role in the mediating the immune and inflammatory responses.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti IL-6 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 4.688, 9.375, 18.75, 37.5, 75, 150, 300 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-6 (IL-6) using this IL-6 ELISA kit was approximately 2.813 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 4.688 – 300 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-6, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-6 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (90 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (86 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 100%).
– Linearity: Serum (93 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Interleukin-6: A Critical Cytokine in Cancer Multidrug Resistance. Curr Pharm Des. (2016) 22 (5): 518-26. Review. Ghandadi M. and Sahebkar A.
- Gene of the month: Interleukin 6 (IL-6). J Clin Pathol. (2014) 67 (11): 932-7. Review. Ataie-Kachoie P., et al.
- Interleukin-6: from an inflammatory marker to a target for inflammatory diseases. Trends Immunol. (2012) 33 (11): 571-7. Review. Rincon M.
- Preclinical validation of interleukin 6 as a therapeutic target in multiple myeloma. Immunol Res. (2014) 59 (1-3): 188-202. Review. Rosean T.R., et al.
- Full Name: IL-6 ELISA Kit (Interleukin-6)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids, Plasma (Citrate, Heparin, EDTA)
- Sensitivity: 2.813 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields