Human IL-2 ELISA kit is a method for determining in vitro quantitative amounts of interleukin-2 (IL-2) in human serum, cell culture supernatant, plasma (heparin, citrate, EDTA). This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 0.1 pg/ml.
Interleukin-2 (IL-2) was originally known as T-cell growth factor, it is produced by antigen or lectin-activated T cells and it is a powerfully immune-regulatory lymphokine. It is formed by the stimulation of mature T lymphocytes and also constitutively by a number of T-cell lymphoma cell lines. It has vital functions in the regulation of activation and proliferation of lymphocytes which have already been primed by antigens.
IL-2 also has a central role in the expansion of B-cells, T-cells and natural killer cells during certain phases of their response. The human gene is located on chromosome 4. It is made up of 153 amino acids in the precursor form or 133 amino acids in the mature form and it is a 15.5KDa glycoprotein. Due to its central role in the immune response process, it has become a very important for many therapeutic and diagnostic implications.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-2 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human interleukin-2.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled IL-2 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of IL-2 (interleukin-2) using current IL-2 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.6 – 1,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-2, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (87 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (90 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 98%), Heparin Plasma (95 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Central role for interleukin-2 in type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. (2012) 61 (1): 14-22. Review. Hulme M.A., et al.
- Inhibitors of interleukin-2 inducible T-cell kinase as potential therapeutic candidates for the treatment of various inflammatory disease conditions. Eur J Pharm Sci. (2012) 47 (3): 574-88. Review. Kaur M., et al.
- IL-2: the first effective immunotherapy for human cancer. J Immunol. (2014) 192 (12): 5451-8. Review. Rosenberg S.A.
- Interleukin 2 in cancer therapy. Curr Med Chem. (2010) 17 (29): 3297-302. Review. Antony G.K. and Dudek A.Z.
- The regulatory, inflammatory, and T cell programming roles of interleukin-2 (IL-2). J Autoimmun. (2008) 31 (1): 7-12. Review. Lan R.Y., et al.
- The biology of interleukin-2. Annu Rev Immunol. (2008) 26: 453-79. Review. Malek T.R.
- Full Name: IL-2 ELISA Kit (Interleukin-2)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma (Citrate, EDTA, Heparin)
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields