Human IL-4 ELISA kit is designed for measuring in vitro quantitative concentrations of interleukin-4 (IL-4) present in human tissue homogenates, plasma (EDTA, heparin, citrate), biological fluids and serum samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Interleukin-4 (IL-4) cDNA contains a putative signal peptide and it is a single open reading frame which encodes a protein of 153 amino acids. It is located on chromosome 5 and it occurs as a single copy in the haploid genome. There are structural and functional similarities between human and mouse IL4 genes and their proteins, both human and mouse proteins have multiple potential glycosylation sites and six cysteines which are linked by intro-molecular disulfide bridges.
IL-4 acts as an autocrine growth factor in pancreatic cancer cells, this has been found to give rise to the possibility that cancer-derived-IL4 being able to suppress the cancer-directed immune-surveillance in vivo, in addition to its growth-promoting effects. This process can result in the facilitation of both pancreatic tumor growth and metastasis.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-4 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-4 (IL-4) using this human IL-4 ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-4, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-4 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (86 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 105%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 99%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (83 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Control of IL-4 expression in T helper 1 and 2 cells. Immunology. (2008) 124 (4): 437-44. Review. Gilmour J. and Lavender P.
- Spatial regulation of IL4 signalling in vivo. Cytokine. (2015) 75 (1): 51-6. Review. Redpath S.A., et al.
- Anti-interleukin-4 therapy. Immunol Allergy Clin North Am. (2004) 24 (4): 599-614. Review. Steinke J.W.
- History of interleukin-4. Cytokine. (2015) 75 (1): 3-7. Review. Paul W.E.
- Gene therapy and biologic therapy with interleukin 4. Curr Gene Ther. (2002) 2 (4): 437-50. Review. Okada H. and Kuwashima N.
- Full Name: IL-4 ELISA Kit (Interleukin-4)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma (Heparin, EDTA, Citrate), Serum, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields