Human IL-5 ELISA kit can be used for in vitro quantitative analysis of interleukin-5 (IL-5) levels in human cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma (EDTA, heparin) and urine samples. This assay has a minimum detection limit of < 2.0 pg/ml.
Interleukin-5 (IL-5) amino acid sequence of mature human and mouse are approx. 75% identical, however, the human one is marginally active on mouse cells whereas mouse one is highly active on human cells. Along with the chemokine eotaxin it plays a vital role in the coordination of the eosinophil-based inflammatory response. Even though there are many cells that contribute to inflammation, eosinophils are noted in particular because of their contribution to late phase allergic-type disorders. When they are activated within tissues, eosinophils are able to release highly basic preformed mediators (e.g. major basic protein and eosinophil peroxidase). These substances are highly toxic to parasites and can be quite damaging to the surrounding tissue functionality such as superoxide-mediated tissue destruction, vascular permeability and smooth muscle constriction.
IL-5 appears to carry out a number of functions on eosinophils which can include down modulation of Mac-1, growth and differentiation, induction of granule release, upregulation of receptors for IgA or IgG and the stimulation of lipid mediator (PAF and leukotriene C4) secretion.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-5 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-5 (IL-5) using this IL-5 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-5, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-5 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 100%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (85 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 91%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 98%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Inhibition of interleukin-5 for the treatment of eosinophilic diseases. Discov Med. (2012) 13 (71): 305-12. Review. Corren J.
- Anti-interleukin-5 therapy in severe asthma. Eur Respir Rev. (2013) 22 (129): 251-7. Review. Garcia G., et al.
- Anti interleukin 5 antibody therapy in eosinophilic diseases. Pathobiology. (2005) 72 (6): 287-92. Review. Simon D., et al.
- Full Name: IL-5 ELISA Kit (Interleukin-5)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Biological Fluids, Plasma (Heparin, EDTA), Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields