Human IL-16 ELISA kit is a procedure for detecting in vitro quantitative amounts of interleukin-16 (IL-16) in human plasma, tissue homogenates, biological fluids and serum. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 18.75 pg/ml.
Interleukin-16 (IL-16) is a lymphocyte chemo-attractant factor of T cell origin that as a selective activity for CD4+ T cells. In humans, it is produced by; thymocytes, activated B cells and activated CD4+ T cells. Its primary function is to aid in the recruitment of peripheral naive T cells into lymphoid tissues. It upregulates NFATc1 transcription activity by activating STAT3. In addition to this regulation of inflammatory cytokines production by itself, however, it contributes to the downstream effects that these cytokines have on the cell membrane that can change their function in various ways.
IL-16 cDNA is known to code for a novel 14-kDa protein, which needs to form a homo-tetrameric complex in order to induce biological activity. It is secreted by various cells including; macrophages, monocytes and dendritic cells. It may act as a chemoattractant for these cells, stimulating their migration and recruitment to sites of inflammation and infection.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-16 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000, 2000 pg/ml.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-16 (IL-16) using this IL-16 ELISA kit was approximately 18.75 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 31.25 – 2,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-16, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-16 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (92 – 105%).
– Linearity: Serum (86 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 93%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Interleukin-16 network in inflammation and allergy. Allergy Asthma Proc. (2002) 23 (2): 103-8. Review. Conti P., et al.
- Not-so-sweet sixteen: the role of IL-16 in infectious and immune-mediated inflammatory diseases. J Interferon Cytokine Res. (2006) 26 (8): 511-20. Review. Glass W.G., et al.
- CD8+ T-cell-mediated non-cytolytic suppression of human immuno-deficiency viruses. Curr Drug Targets Infect Disord. (2003) 3 (2): 97-113. Review. Vella C. and Daniels R.S.
- Prospects for IL-16 in the treatment of AIDS. Expert Opin Biol Ther. (2001) 1 (3): 425-32. Review. Kornfeld H. and Cruikshank W.W.
- Full Name: IL-16 ELISA Kit (Interleukin-16)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum, Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 18.75 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields