Human IL-22 ELISA kit is designed for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of interleukin-22 (IL-22) in human tissue homogenates, serum, biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 9.375 pg/ml.
Interleukin-22 (IL-22) which is also called TIF (IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor), a newly identified cytokine which displays 22% amino acid homology to IL-10 and signals through class II cytokine receptor proteins. It can be produced by dendritic cells, natural killer cells and T-cells during either a tissue inflammation, bacterial infection or auto-immunity. It has the ability to act upon innate immunity cells via its receptors which are known to be expressed exclusively on these cells. This gives it an important function as a protective molecule which has the ability to counteract the destructive nature of the immune response in order to limit the damage to these tissues.
Recently, an IL-22 expressing T helper cell subset which is referred to as Th22 has been characterized. The expression is found to be also elevated in psoriatic skin inflammation, inflammatory bowel disease and atopic dermatitis. Psoriatic patients display a strong elevation of it at the plasma level, which also directly correlates with the disease severity. The expression in CD4+ T helper cells has been found to be linked with Th7 and Th17.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-22 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-22 (IL-22) using this IL-22 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.625 – 1,000 pg/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-22, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-22 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (92 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 95%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Interleukin-22-producing innate immune cells: new players in mucosal immunity and tissue repair? Nat Rev Immunol. (2009) 9 (4): 229-34. Review. Vivier E., et al.
- Role of IL-17 and IL-22 in autoimmunity and cancer. Actas Dermosifiliogr. (2014) 105 Suppl 1: 41-50. Review. Blake S.J. and Teng M.W.
- Biological and pathological activities of interleukin-22. J Mol Med (Berl). (2016) 94 (5): 523-34. Review. Perusina Lanfranca M., et al.
- Distinct roles of IL-22 in human psoriasis and inflammatory bowel disease. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2010) 21 (6): 435-41. Review. Ouyang W.
- Full Name: IL-22 ELISA Kit (Interleukin-22)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields