Human IL-22 ELISA kit is designed for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of interleukin-22 (IL-22) in human tissue homogenates, serum, biological fluids and plasma. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 9.375 pg/ml.
Interleukin-22 (IL-22) which is also called TIF (IL-10-related T cell-derived inducible factor), a newly identified cytokine which displays 22% amino acid homology to IL-10 and signals through class II cytokine receptor proteins. IL-22 can be produced by dendritic cells, natural killer cells and T-cells during either a tissue inflammation, bacterial infection or auto-immunity. It has the ability to act upon innate immunity cells via its receptors which are known to be expressed exclusively on these cells. This gives it an important function as a protective molecule which has the ability to counteract the destructive nature of the immune response in order to limit the damage to these tissues.
Recently, an IL-22 expressing T helper cell subset which is referred to as Th22 has been characterized. It is distinct from the other T cells due to the fact it can be co-expressed with the skin-homing receptors CCR4 or CCR10 and the chemokine receptor CCR6. The expression of IL-22 is found to be also elevated in psoriatic skin inflammation, inflammatory bowel disease and atopic dermatitis. Psoriatic patients display a strong elevation of IL-22 plasma levels, which also directly correlates with the disease severity. The expression of IL-22 in CD4+ T helper cells has been found to be linked with Th7 and Th17.
IL-22 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-22 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human interleukin-22.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled IL-22 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-22 (IL-22) using this human IL-22 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.625 – 1,000 pg/ml.
– Interleukin-22 (IL-22): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-22, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-22 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 99%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 102%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (92 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 95%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 97%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Interleukin-22-producing innate immune cells: new players in mucosal immunity and tissue repair? Nat Rev Immunol. (2009) 9 (4): 229-34. Review. Vivier E., et al.
- Role of interleukin-22 in inflammatory bowel disease. World J Gastroenterol. (2014) 20 (48): 18177-88. Review. Li L.J., et al.
- Role of IL-17 and IL-22 in autoimmunity and cancer. Actas Dermosifiliogr. (2014) 105 Suppl 1: 41-50. Review. Blake S.J. and Teng M.W.
- Biological and pathological activities of interleukin-22. J Mol Med (Berl). (2016) 94 (5): 523-34. Review. Perusina Lanfranca M., et al.
- Distinct roles of IL-22 in human psoriasis and inflammatory bowel disease. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. (2010) 21 (6): 435-41. Review. Ouyang W.
- Full Name: Interleukin-22 (IL-22) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Biological Fluids, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Serum
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml