Human IL-9 ELISA kit is designed for detecting in vitro quantitative concentrations of interleukin-9 (IL-9) present in human tissue homogenates, serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum detection limit of 9.375 pg/ml.
Interleukin-9 (IL-9) is a pro-inflammatory cytokine which was originally identified as a 40KD glycoprotein with T-cell growth factor activity in mice. The human IL-9 was later discovered on the basis of its high level of homogeneity with the gene of mouse IL-9. Human IL-9 has be strongly associated with human malignant lymphoma and also demonstrated to be a stimulator for hematopoiesis.
Furthermore, interleukin-9 expression has been found to be implicated with autoimmune and many allergic diseases. It is well studied as a therapeutic target for asthma due to it being implication with the disease. IL-9 can be produced by Th2 cells which are under the stimulation of TGF-b and IL-4. This lineage has been shown to play vital role in the differentiation of Th17 cells and Treg function.
There has been a renewed attention on IL-9 in recent years due to a unique type of innate lymphoid cells which have been discovered in mice where the main cell types expressing IL-9 secreting and in vivo cells present with the skin appear to mediate the inhibition of melanoma growth. These same interleukin-9 secreting cells have now also been identified in human and are being evaluated as a new tumour treatment strategy.
IL-9 ELISA KIT CONTENT
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human IL-9 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125, 250, 500, 1000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant human interleukin-9.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled IL-9 Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of interleukin-9 (IL-9) using this human IL-9 ELISA kit was approximately 9.375 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml.
– Interleukin-9 (IL-9): ELISA
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-9, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-9 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 101%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (87 – 104%).
– Linearity: Serum (91 – 103%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 94%), Heparin Plasma (82 – 89%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Cellular sources and immune functions of interleukin-9. Nat Rev Immunol. (2010) 10 (10): 683-7. Review. Noelle R.J. and Nowak E.C.
- A brief history of IL-9. J Immunol. (2011) 186 (6): 3283-8. Review. Goswami R. and Kaplan M.H.
- Th9 cells: differentiation and disease. Immunol Rev. (2013) 252 (1): 104-15. Review. Kaplan M.H.
- Interleukin-9 and mast cells. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. (2012) 26 (3): 319-26. Review. Tete S., et al.
- Role of IL-9 in the pathophysiology of allergic diseases. J Allergy Clin Immunol. (2001) 107 (4): 575-82. Review. Soussi-Gounni A., et al.
- Interleukin 9 and its receptor: an overview of structure and function. Int Rev Immunol. (1998) 16 (3-4): 345-64. Review. Demoulin J.B. and Renauld J.C.
- Full Name: Interleukin-9 (IL-9) ELISA Kit
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml