Full Name: IL-12 ELISA Kit (Interleukin 12)
Sample Type: Serum, Plasma, Tissue Homogenates, Biological Fluids
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Interleukin 12 can bind to specific receptors that are mostly found in T cells and NK cells. The signalling cascade that is induced by binding of the receptors to their respective ligand involves a G protein activating protein called Gq, which stimulates phospholipase C (PLC), leading to release of intracellular calcium. This results in cytosolic calcium levels rising leading to changes in the membrane potential of cells that ultimately leads to cell activation. IL-12 is a cytokine (a signalling protein that regulates the way cells function) that is produced by T helper cells and natural killer cells. It is essential for the maturation of naive and memory T lymphocytes, which are crucial to a healthy immune response. It plays a role in stimulating activation of macrophages and migration of neutrophils to sites with bacterial infection.
IL-12 main function is in the defence against intracellular pathogens, especially mycobacterium species. It is widely regarded as a vital regulator of Th1, activated T cell and NK cell survival. Other roles include modulation of CTLs and NK cells cytotoxic activity. There is evidence to indicate that IL-12 can act as an adjuvant during hormonal immunity through the enhancement of IgG2a and IgG2b antibody formation via B cells. The TLR-12 main function is to detect cell-damaging agents, especially microbe associated molecular patterns (MAMPs). It is an important sensor of bacterial infection in the absence of any other pathway for monitoring.
Human IL-12 ELISA kit can be used for detecting interleukin 12 (IL-12, IL-12p70, IL-12p35) present in human samples of serum, tissue homogenates, biological fluids, and plasma.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti IL-12 antibody.
- Standards: Lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
For this IL-12 ELISA kit it is recommended that a standard curve is generated for each assay carried out.
Standard Curve: 0, 15.625, 31.25, 62.5, 125.0, 250.0, 500.0, 1000.0 pg/ml.
Sensitivity: 9.375 pg/ml
Range: 15.625 – 1000 pg/ml
Application: Research Use Only.
– Specificity: Highly specific for IL-12, no cross reactivity or interference between IL-12 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 103%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 102%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 99%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Antitumor effects of interleukin-12 (IL-12): applications for the immunotherapy and gene therapy of cancer. Gene Ther. (1995) 2 (2): 96-106. Tahara H. and Lotze M.T.
- IL-12 family cytokines: immunological playmakers. Nat Immunol. (2012) 13 (8): 722-8. Vignali D.A., et al.
- Interleukin-12 and the regulation of innate resistance and adaptive immunity. Nat Rev Immunol. (2003) 3 (2): 133-46. Trinchieri G.
- New insights into IL-12-mediated tumor suppression. Cell Death Differ. (2015) 22 (2): 237-46. Tugues S., et al.
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields