Human ICAM-3 ELISA kit is intended for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of intercellular adhesion molecule-3 (ICAM3, CD50, ICAM-3) in human tissue homogenates, plasma, serum and other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.938 ng/ml.
Intercellular adhesion molecule-3 (short for ICAM-3, ICAM3) which can also been called CD50 is a member of the ICAM family and it functions both as an adhesion and a potent signalling molecule. This protein is abundantly and constitutively expressed by all leukocytes, there is also evidence to indicate that it may be a vital ligand for initiating immune response for LFA-1 molecules.
ICAM-3 contains type I transmembrane glycoproteins, that is made up of 2-9 immunoglobulin-like C2-type domains. This can to bind to the leukocyte adhesion LFA-1 protein. Alternative splicing is known to lead to multiple transcript variants being produced which are encoding different isoforms. It can bind to leukocyte adhesion LFA-1 protein (CD18/CD11a) and this can help to facilitate cell-cell interactions which need to happen in the immune system.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti ICAM-3 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 1.562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25.0, 50.0, 100.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of intercellular adhesion molecule-3 (ICAM-3, CD50, ICAM3) using current ICAM-3 ELISA kit was 0.938 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.563 – 100 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for ICAM-3, no cross reactivity or interference between ICAM-3 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (88 – 96%), EDTA Plasma (87 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 97%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (82 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (83 – 100%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Roles of ICAM-3 and CD14 in the recognition and phagocytosis of apoptotic cells by macrophages. Biochem Soc Trans. (1998) 26 (4): 644-9. Gregory C.D., et al.
- Apoptotic cell-derived ICAM-3 promotes both macrophage chemoattraction to and tethering of apoptotic cells. Cell Death Differ. (2012) 19 (4): 671-9. Torr E.E., et al.
- Role of ICAM-3 in the initial interaction of T lymphocytes and APCs. Nat Immunol. (2002) 3 (2): 159-68. Montoya M.C., et al.
- Macrophage recognition of ICAM-3 on apoptotic leukocytes. J Immunol. (1999) 162 (11): 6800-10. Moffatt O.D., et al.
- Full Name: ICAM-3 ELISA Kit (Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-3)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Serum, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.938 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields