Human ICAM-2 ELISA kit is designed for determining in vitro quantitative concentrations of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM2, CD102, ICAM-2) in human serum, plasma, cell culture supernatant, other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.188 ng/ml.
Intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2, ICAM2) which can also be referred to as CD102, is a 55 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein that contains approx. 2-9 immunoglobulin-like C2-type domains and has the ability to bind leukocyte adhesion LFA-1 protein. It is also found to regulate spermatid adhesion on Sertori cells that are located on the apical side of the blood-testis barrier.
ICAM-2 is known to be constitutively expressed on mainly vascular endothelial cells and some monocytes, lymphocytes and platelets. It is a counter receptor of MAC-1, LFA-1, CD11a/CD18 and DC-SIGN, where it is thought to be responsible for lymphocyte re-circulation and in the co-stimulation of immune response. It essentially can mediate adhesive interactions which are vital for antigen-specific lymphocyte recirculation, NK-cell mediated clearance, immune response and surveillance.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti ICAM-2 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 3.12, 0.625, 1.25, 2.5, 5.0, 10.0, 20.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Sample/Standard Dilution Buffer.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Antibody Dilution Buffer.
- HRP-Streptavidin Conjugate (SABC).
- SABC Dilution Buffer.
- TMB Substrate.
- Wash Buffer (25x).
- Plate Sealer.
- Product Instructions.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of intercellular adhesion molecule-2 (ICAM-2, CD102, ICAM2) using current human ICAM-2 ELISA kit was 0.188 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.313 – 20 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for ICAM-2, no cross reactivity or interference between ICAM-2 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (85 – 102%), EDTA Plasma (91 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (88 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (88 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (84 – 101%), Heparin Plasma (81 – 94%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- Crystal structure of ICAM-2 reveals a distinctive integrin recognition surface. Nature. (1997) 387 (6630): 312-5. Casasnovas J.M., et al.
- Adhesion molecules in lymphoma metastasis. Cancer Metastasis Rev. (1991) 10 (1): 33-48. Review. Roos E.
- Platelet associated fibrinogen and ICAM-2 induce firm adhesion of neutrophils under flow conditions. Thromb Haemost. (1998) 80 (3): 443-8. Kuijper P.H., et al.
- Leukocyte-endothelial cell adhesive receptors. Clin Exp Rheumatol. (1994) 12 Suppl 10: S25-8. Review. Dejana E., et al.
- Full Name: ICAM-2 ELISA Kit (Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-2)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type:
- Serum, Tissue Homogenates, Plasma, Other Biological Fluids
- Sensitivity: 0.188 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields