Human sICAM-1 ELISA kit is designed for analysing in vitro quantitative concentrations of soluble intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM1, CD54, sICAM-1) in human tissue homogenates, serum, plasma and other biological fluids and cell lysates. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 0.469 ng/ml.
sICAM-1 mainly represents the circulating form which is usually found to be inducible or constitutively expressed on the cell surface many different cell lines. This molecule has been discovered as an important marker for acute respiratory tract infection and adhesion molecules which are responsible for mediating leukocyte-endothelial interactions.
sICAM-1 serum levels have also been identified to be elevated in insulin-dependent diabetis mellitus, allergic inflammation, anterior uveitis and acute renal graft rejection. They represent important biomarkers for a number of inflammatory responses that are responsible for damage or activation to cells such as endothelium and platelets. Many studies have postulated an increase production of these molecules on vascular endothelium (blood vessel lining) which could play a vital role in the development of arterial plaques.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti-human sICAM-1 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 0.781, 1.562, 3.125, 6.25, 12.5, 25.0, 50.0 ng/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC).
- Sample Diluent.
- Antibody Diluent.
- ABC Diluent.
- TMB Colour Developing Agent.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of soluble intercellular cell adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1, CD54, sICAM1) using current sICAM-1 ELISA kit was 0.469 ng/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 0.781 – 50 ng/ml.
– Specificity: Highly specific for sICAM-1/CD54, no cross reactivity or interference between sICAM-1/CD54 and analogues was detected.
– Recovery: Serum (92 – 104%), EDTA Plasma (92 – 104%), Heparin Plasma (86 – 103%).
– Linearity: Serum (95 – 105%), EDTA Plasma (85 – 100%), Heparin Plasma (80 – 92%).
– Precison Intra-Assay: CV < 8%.
– Precison Inter-Assay: CV < 10%.
– Stability: Less than 10%.
- A low serum sICAM-1 level may assist in the exclusion of neonatal infection. Biol Neonate. (2002) 81 (2): 105-8. Edgar D. and et al.
- Biomarkers of endothelial activation/dysfunction in infectious diseases. Virulence. (2013) 4 (6): 507-16. Review. Page A.V. and Liles W.C.
- Soluble intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (sICAM-1): an overview. Eur Cytokine Netw. (2004) 15 (2): 91-8. Review. Witkowska A.M. and Borawska M.H.
- Soluble adhesion molecules in pediatric rheumatic diseases. J Rheumatol. (2002) 29 (4): 832-6. Bloom B.J., et al.
- Full Name: sICAM-1 ELISA Kit (Soluble Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Plasma, Serum, Other Biological Fluids, Tissue Homogenates
- Sensitivity: 0.469 ng/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields