Human ICAM-1 ELISA kit can be used for measuring in vitro quantitative amounts of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (CD54, ICAM-1) in human plasma, cell culture supernatant, cell lysates, serum and many other biological fluids. This assay has a minimum sensitivity limit of 10.0 pg/ml.
Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1, ICAM1 or CD54) contains 3 domains; a single transmembrane domain, cytoplasmic domain and an extracellular domain. The extracellular domain possesses many loops which are due to disulphide bridges present. It is important in facilitating leukocyte endothelial transmigration and in stabilising cell-cell interactions. It is a ligand for LFA-1 (integrin), a vital receptor present on leukocytes and it can also interact with CD18, CD11a and EZR.
ICAM-1 possesses a tissue distribution which is very similar to that of many other major histocompatibility complex class II antigens, this is likely to be crucial in a number of inflammatory responses. The dominant secondary structure for this protein is of a beta sheet with the possibility of dimerization domains.
All reagents supplied need to be stored at 2 °C – 8 °C, unopened reagents will retain reactivity until expiration date. Do not use reagents beyond this date.
- One 96-Well Plate: Pre-coated with anti ICAM-1 antibody.
- Standards: Concentrations 0, 156, 312, 625, 1250, 2500, 5000, 10,000 pg/ml, made up from lyophilized recombinant.
- Biotinylated-Labelled Antibody.
- Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (ABC).
- Sample Diluent.
- Antibody Diluent.
- ABC Diluent.
- TMB Colour Developing Agent.
- Stop Solution.
The minimum detection sensitivity level of ICAM-1 or CD54 using this ICAM-1 ELISA kit was 10.0 pg/ml. The dynamic range for this assay is 156.0 – 10,000 pg/ml.
– Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
– Cross-Reactivity: None.
– Range: 156.0 – 10,000 pg/ml
– Specificity: Highly specific to natural and recombinant human sICAM-1.
– Intra-Assay Variance: 3.4 – 5.1%
– Inter-Assay Variance: 4.1 – 6.4%
- Regulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (CD54) gene expression. J Leukoc Biol. (1999) 66 (6): 876-88. Review. Roebuck K.A. and Finnegan A.
- New insights into the regulation of ICAM-1 gene expression. Leuk Lymphoma. (1996) 20 (3-4): 223-8. Review. Ohh M. andTakei F.
- ICAM-1: isoforms and phenotypes. J Immunol. (2014) 192 (10): 4469-74. Ramos T.N., et al.
- Targeting ICAM-1/LFA-1 interaction for controlling autoimmune diseases: designing peptide and small molecule inhibitors. Peptides. (2003) 24 (3): 487-501. Review. Anderson M.E. and Siahaan T.J.
- Full Name: ICAM-1 ELISA Kit (Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1)
- Reactivity: Human
- Sample Type: Serum, Cell Lysates, Other Biological Fluids, Cell Culture Supernatant, Plasma
- Sensitivity: 10 pg/ml
OTHER RELATED ELISA KITS
Online Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields